Strange problem with GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwarno

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Previous Post :

Hi, I have an ASUS GTX 560ti gpu and I get a really weird problem and I am wondering if anyone could help or if anyone else has this problem, I install the latest beta driver (304.79) and then go on a game and it runs it perfect, then.... when I reboot my computer I go on the same game and it lags and runs poor. The exact same driver is installed (304.79) and my computer has the exact same nvidia control panel settings after the reboot.

It seems when I reboot, something happens to the driver to cause poor performance, but its perfect before the reboot with the exact same settings, its very strange, any help etc would be great, thanks :)

Computer Specs If Needed :

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k S1155 8MB 3.5ghz (Currently overclocked to 4.5ghz)

Graphics Card: ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 900MHz PCI-Express HDMI (Overclocked Version)

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI

RAM: G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws X

CPU Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance

Power Supply: Corsair 600W CX Series V2 PSU - 6x SATA

New Update: Right, having the same problems again.... When I am currently on the beta driver and then roll it back to 301.42, it lags after the reboot, but before the reboot its fine. The same applies to when I am on 301.42, my game lags, then I update the driver to a beta and its fine (before I reboot) , then I reboot again and its all laggy ???

So basically, I know that only when you reboot does the new driver take effect, but what takes effect before the reboot because thats when something seems to happen and change the GPU performance....

make sure your mb bios is up to date. check that you have the newest intel chipset drivers so that the pci bus is running the best it can. in the nvidia driver control panel make sure you set the card driver to performace. one monitor if you have just one. and power setting set to off. max performance.

bwarno

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Your both missing the point, read again, it works perfect and then it doesn't so something is happening before the reboot which obviously changes something but I don't know what...

Status
Not open for further replies.