Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Recently replaced graphics card causing issue's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2012 3:13:41 AM

Hey all,

I just recently had to replace my graphics card, as it apparently fried. I replaced it with a HD Sapphire 7850, along with a bit more RAM.

After uninstalling all pre-existing drivers and installing new drivers, my computer seems a lot more sluggish than before. Once it loads into windows, it appears to take a while before it smooths out. While in-game though, I only manage to get 1 - 4 FPS. On my old card I was able to play Counter Strike: Global Offensive just fine. Now it's impossible to play.

The PSU I'm using is a Corsair Hx 520w.

Cheers.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 3.2Ghz Processor
GA-P55A-UD3P Motherboard
12gb DDR3 RAM
Corsair Hx 520w PSU
HD Sapphire 7850 Graphics Card

a c 103 U Graphics card
August 29, 2012 6:15:30 AM

can you remove the new ram that you installed? maybe this is causing the issue..when you remove it try playing CS and see if it gets any better...if it does we know there was an issue with the RAM if it doesnt then there is something weird going on with the new card...let me know how it goes
m
l
August 29, 2012 6:29:44 AM

I did try that before. There was only a slight increase, but still really sluggish. Going to try and reformat the system tomorrow and see if that helps.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
August 29, 2012 6:34:58 AM

ok goodluck with that...it seems like you may have a faulty video card....even if your software was all gunked out (viruses and crappy driver issues) you would still be getting alot more fps out of it...before you reformat one thing to check is gpu usage and temp...download gpuz to see these values in game and let me know what they are about
September 3, 2012 7:19:19 AM

Turns out the Power Supply wasn't enough and had to replace it. All solved.
m
l
September 13, 2012 12:39:16 AM

Best answer selected by Goosemon.
m
l
!