Sign in with
Your question

Assitance with Dell XPS M1330 & Nvidia Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2012 3:14:21 AM

Hello,
I too have a Dell XPS M1330 which I really enjoy and use extensively - seems since 3 win updates ago, win now shuts down the Nvidia (NV) GeForce 8400M GS - told me there was an incompatibility with a 3D service - not sure what that's about - but - it now will not boot. I had a message my battery was very low (this I knew) and the bios needed at least a 15% charge to allow the NV card to re-engage. Staples Tech declared it dead, my Dell contract expired,
I wrestle with fixing this vs giving up. I did get it a brand new Dell battery- and I got it to boot up (so much for tech suppot).

Its iffy getting it to boot up - I'm on it now, but who knows if it hibernates or I finish for the evening.

Any way to fix it? Many thanks!
a b Î Nvidia
August 29, 2012 6:14:45 AM

by iffy to boot up do you mean that it doesnt always turn on? or do you mean it doesnt always get into windows? if it always powers on thats a good sign...that means its just windows issues...if this is the case you could try removing the old drivers and installing the newest ones...please be a little more specific with your issue
m
l
August 29, 2012 5:36:30 PM

run safemode, reinstall nivida drivers, come back and tell us what happens
m
l
!