Sign in with
Your question

900 dollar pc build for recording and gaming

Last response: in Systems
October 24, 2012 7:21:43 PM

hi im building a pc for around 900 with a os i dont need a monitor
Im going to play tf2 gotham city imposters minecraft and maybey bf3 and some games
But the main thing im going to do is record while playing and edting so yeah
i like best intel processers and sapphire readon card but if you now something better just say it :) 
October 24, 2012 7:42:50 PM

Do you plan to do any overclocking with the CPU? Do you have any other requirements that should be known, such as needing a certain size for a PC case (full tower, mid-tower, smaller, etc)?

If you don't plan to overclock the CPU or have size limitations on the case, then I think you could make something for the games you want to play for a fair amount less than $900.
November 5, 2012 12:29:07 PM

no but can you make a cheaper good gaming pc
November 6, 2012 5:26:13 AM

I might be able to help. What's your monitor's screen resolution? I'm going to plan a system as if it's at 1920 x 1080, however, so whatever GPU I get may possibly be overkill if you have a monitor with any lower resolutions.

Edit:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mHs5

It weighs in at basically $867, so a good $33 under your budget. i5-3450 on a h77 mobo, and since overclocking isn't really supported, the standard CPU cooler should do just fine. If not, just toss in a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (it's around $27 recently). 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD (7200 RPM), a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2gb GHZ edition card, all in an Antec One case and with an XFX 550w PSU. Simple optical drive (DVD) and Win7 OS. Now, I could probably get even cheaper by switching down to a HD Radeon 7850 2gb video card, drop the RAM to 4gb, and you'd be able to afford some sort of capture card so you can record things easier. To be honest, I'm not too familiar with recording onto a PC from a camera or what have you (I'm guessing you're probably doing streaming instead?).

This should at least be a start, anyway. It may even be better to go AMD as a result of the need to record/stream while playing a game. I'm just not familiar enough with what's required with streaming/recording while playing to be able to know for certain. The above build should be decent enough for gaming (and if you're running something with lower than 1920x1080 resolution, a 7850 should be enough to handle most any game at max/ultimate settings). Hopefully, someone else can come by and help tweak the build or offer another one that can give the info needed about the whole recording/streaming detail.
!