Closed Solved

GTX 460 Better than GTX 550 TI?

Still looking for that card to get for my PC and mainly for GTA IV and I have seen some videos were te 460 is way smother than the 550 ti. Now if that is true please show me a link that can prove that. And what about a dual 460? Were would it stand for gaming for all games?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Yes it is better.
  2. Best answer
    The 460 is better than the 550Ti yes. The 460 performs around the 6850.

I have a 460, and there's nothing I haven't been able to play on high to highest settings. I switched from my 6950 to this GTX460 because it ran cooler and was less loud. I haven't seen that much of a drop in performance.

If you like, I can test my card out on a game I have for you if you would like. It runs GTAIV just fine. I benched it on all high settings at above 60fps average on a 1776x1000 monitor.

I'm running a 2500K with 8GB of RAM. Any other games you want me to test? Do you want me to test any other games?

As you might be able to tell, I kinda really like my GTX460.
  3. yes definitely
  4. Its an easy answer....YES
  5. Gudy said:
    Still looking for that card to get for my PC and mainly for GTA IV and I have seen some videos were te 460 is way smother than the 550 ti. Now if that is true please show me a link that can prove that. And what about a dual 460? Were would it stand for gaming for all games?

Yes it's faster, but you don't want a 460 or dual 460 you want something newer and more efficient like a 560 or dual 560.
  6. Deemo13 said:
    The 460 is better than the 550Ti yes. The 460 performs around the 6850.

I have a 460, and there's nothing I haven't been able to play on high to highest settings. I switched from my 6950 to this GTX460 because it ran cooler and was less loud. I haven't seen that much of a drop in performance.

If you like, I can test my card out on a game I have for you if you would like. It runs GTAIV just fine. I benched it on all high settings at above 60fps average on a 1776x1000 monitor.

I'm running a 2500K with 8GB of RAM. Any other games you want me to test? Do you want me to test any other games?

As you might be able to tell, I kinda really like my GTX460.

OK, Can I just send you the computer that I am making. Not send you the computer but the website were I'm getting the parts from?
  7. Best answer selected by gudy.
  8. Gudy said:
    OK, Can I just send you the computer that I am making. Not send you the computer but the website were I'm getting the parts from?

I think that would work yes.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Video Graphics