Will this PC Run smooth?

hello, i am new to building Gaming computer so i was wondering if these parts were compatible with each other also will they run smoothly :) here are the parts:

Processor - i5-2500K
Motherboard - MSI Z77A-G43
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1600MHz DDR3
PSU - 600W Corsair Builder Series 600CX
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 7770
Case - Zalman Z11 Plus

Also is there anything i would need to change?
5 answers Last reply
More about will smooth
  1. The Corsair Builder series is made with inferior Samxon "GF" series capacitors that do not hold up: http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/not-so-tough/8805 contains references to this, and a link on the badcaps.org forum. Corsair has apparently tried to rely on their name to pass off an inferior product, which is likely why there is apparently already a "V3" of the Builder coming out soon. I'd suggest this Seasonic instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093 for $70.
    Otherwise I agree with jrgong that a stronger graphics card is a better choice, even if you must weaken the CPU.
    Finally, I'd choose Asus, ASRock, or Gigabyte over MSI for motherboards. The VRMs on MSI's cheaper boards are weak, and may overheat and pop if you overclock.

Edit:...which is more an issue on the higher-current AMD boards, but I'd still err on the side of caution and avoid MSI.
  2. As you don't state where you are, your budget, or your monitor resolution, it's a bit difficult to be constructive. Assuming you are in USA, and looking for good general performance, with a bias towards games, something like this would be better, at (I assume) similar cost.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.82 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($104.98 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($197.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.98 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($56.09 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $881.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

I just spotted your build includes for operating system, so you would need to add that.
  3. Quote:
    less cpu more gpu i3 and 7850 will beast all over that

AMD Phenom II x965 is a better choice for a processor IMO.
    But the 7850 is perfect
  4. Agreed, the CPU and GPU are completely out of balance. What's your total budget?
  5. entezio said:
    AMD Phenom II x965 is a better choice for a processor IMO.
    But the 7850 is perfect

You could argue that a Phenom, overclocked, is CLOSE to i3, for multi-threaded applications, and can even beat it. For gaming, however, apart perhaps from multi-player mode, in some games, like BF3, i3 beats Phenom, easilly.

Having said that, there is no comparason, between Phenom and i5. i5 wins hands down, at everything.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product