PCI Serial Port (modem)

a b \ Driver
May 4, 2004 1:38:36 PM

I recently installed a internal hard modem and Windows XP
detects it as a "PCI Serial Port" I have had no luck in
removing it from the device list and trying to reinstall
the modem. I have tried repeatedly to remove it, but it
refuses to be removed. It has always remained listed in
the device list in the device manager. Any suggestions?

More about : pci serial port modem

May 19, 2004 9:45:20 PM

Usually this means the windows sees the modem as a serial port, and the
specific modem driver needs to be installed or loaded.
!