Sudden BSOD, monitor off, and sudden restart

Hello, my computer has been experiencing some stability issues. I would like to report my computer problem, my computer will suddnly show BSOD after a few hours of my work. I know its not the temperature because I've got Speed fan and my temperature ranges from 40-43 degrees celcius. After the BSOD i restart the computer and the monitor suddenly turns off. Sometimes it restarts suddenly rather than showing BSOD

Here are my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (6.1 BUild 7600)
Processor:AMD athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPU's), ~2.8GHz
Memory:2048MB RAM

Name: ATI Radeon HD 4200
manufacturer: ATI technologies INC.
Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x9710)
DAC type: Internal DAC (400 MHz)
Approx Total Memory: 1010 MB
Current Display Mode : 1366x768(32bit)(60Ghz)
Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor
5 answers Last reply
More about sudden bsod monitor sudden restart
  1. It could be a number of things:

Bad drivers.
    Video card overheating.
    Some components in the Pc are not compatible with others.

Try updating your drivers and see if the video card or any other component is overheating.

It would be good if you could tell me what make and power the power supply is?
    And also what the Blue Screen Of Death says?

2. BSODs are often caused by bad RAM or by bad RAM settings. First, look at the stickers on the RAM: speed in MHz, Latencies (like 9-9-9-24), and voltage, like 1.5V or 1.65V. Write them down. Start your system and open the BIOS. Find the screen for the RAM settings. If they are not the same as shown on the RAM stickers, change them to match those settings. When they match, Save and exit the BIOS.

Then visit the memtest86+ website to download either the bootable CD or USB flash drive files, located about 1/2-way down the page. Burn the one you chose to the appropriate media. Insert the media. Restart your system - set to boot from the media you chose. The system will boot to memtest86+ and begin testing your RAM. Let it run to completion unless it indicates RAM failure - if it does that, stop it, your RAM is bad and needs to be replaced.

It is best to test each stick of RAM individually, and if each stick passes, then test the SET.

memtest86+ could take as long an hour to test a 1GB sitck of RAM.
  3. Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal Error
  4. I had same problem and found that I had just allowed an HD 4200 optional update. Going back to a restore point one day previous and problem solved. Check your update log. Don't know what is in the update to do this yet.
    Good luck.
  5. ^+1
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Computers Monitors Blue Screen Windows 7