Nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti problem

G33kyb

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hello,
i recently purchased a new computer at bust buy (ASUS CM6730) and a graphics card (PNY XLR8 Gtx 550 ti) and was ready to game. I installed the card and got no display. The power was on, the fans were spinning, i heard the hard drive start up, power to the mouse and keyboard, everything was normal, except the display. There was nothing. Thinking that it was the psu, i purchased a new one (thermaltake TR2-600w) and threw it in there and had the same problem. With the power pluged into the card, not even the onboard graphics would display. I unhooked the card, changed the bios, reinstalled it, and still no display. Im using the HDMI output, could this be the problem? Can anyone help me figure this out?
Windows Home 7 Premimum (64 bit)
Intel i5 2320 3.00 GHZz
6gb Ram
1Tb hdd

Solution
The PSU should power that fine, but seeing as you pretty much did everything I would have suggested I don't know. It might just be a bad card. Can you try it in someone else's computer?

Resetting CMOS sometimes helps.

G33kyb

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I actually did two things at once. I changed to the VGA cable AND changed the CMOS to the factory defaults, and one or both worked. Thanks A LOT for the help.