Five Creation-Conquering Abyssals

Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

A perfect circle of Abyssals, at roughly 100 xp each, built specifically
to conquer Creation.

http://www.lensmen.net/wiki/exalted.pl?Miedvied/AbyssalCharacters

The only one I'm less-than-happy with is the Moonshadow. I feel I should
go back, drop some of the combat charms, and give him some "I cripple
your government so you never manage to field an army in the first place"
charms.
6 answers Last reply
More about five creation conquering abyssals
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:22:13 GMT, James Stein
    <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote:

    >A perfect circle of Abyssals, at roughly 100 xp each, built specifically
    >to conquer Creation.
    >
    >http://www.lensmen.net/wiki/exalted.pl?Miedvied/AbyssalCharacters


    I really, really appreciate what you're doing.

    I realize that my biggest difficulty with Exalted is creating npc,
    technically.
    There's just too much rules and charms for me.
    So having already defined npcs is very very learning for me.


    Don't your character have combos ?

    Guillaume
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Guillaume JAY wrote:

    > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:22:13 GMT, James Stein
    > <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > >A perfect circle of Abyssals, at roughly 100 xp each, built specifically
    > >to conquer Creation.
    > >
    > >http://www.lensmen.net/wiki/exalted.pl?Miedvied/AbyssalCharacters
    >
    >
    > I really, really appreciate what you're doing.

    It is my pleasure. The full list of NPC's, if you haven't seen it, is at
    http://www.lensmen.net/wiki/exalted.pl?Miedvied

    It's the front page. Just scroll down to Characters, and you get the
    full list. If you click on the Characters link, it breaks the list down
    according to splats.


    > I realize that my biggest difficulty with Exalted is creating npc,
    > technically.
    > There's just too much rules and charms for me.
    > So having already defined npcs is very very learning for me.
    >
    >
    > Don't your character have combos ?


    They should, but I never write any. I always end up looking for good
    persistent overlap instead. The only characters I ever write combos for
    are Lunars, because they die too quickly without them.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:33:16 GMT, James Stein
    <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote:
    >It's the front page. Just scroll down to Characters, and you get the
    >full list. If you click on the Characters link, it breaks the list down
    >according to splats.

    Yes, I got it. I'm going to study it.

    >They should, but I never write any. I always end up looking for good
    >persistent overlap instead. The only characters I ever write combos for
    >are Lunars, because they die too quickly without them.

    I'd be very interested in a kind of Tactical Charms Guide from
    you, like the one you did for lunars.

    Or just, for your npcs, a turn by turn strategy, like "
    turn 1 : active persistant defence : this one or this one
    turn 2 ..."

    That would be so nice...

    Guillaume
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Guillaume JAY wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:33:16 GMT, James Stein
    > <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote:
    > >It's the front page. Just scroll down to Characters, and you get the
    > >full list. If you click on the Characters link, it breaks the list down
    > >according to splats.
    >
    > Yes, I got it. I'm going to study it.
    >
    > >They should, but I never write any. I always end up looking for good
    > >persistent overlap instead. The only characters I ever write combos for
    > >are Lunars, because they die too quickly without them.
    >
    > I'd be very interested in a kind of Tactical Charms Guide from
    > you, like the one you did for lunars.
    >
    > Or just, for your npcs, a turn by turn strategy, like "
    > turn 1 : active persistant defence : this one or this one
    > turn 2 ..."
    >
    > That would be so nice...
    >


    Consider it done. Soon enough, anyway. I'm kind of tired now, since I
    just wrote out a step-by-step Lunar NPC creation process. Speaking of
    which, you ought to take a look at that post, since it's *exactly* what
    you just asked for (scroll down to where I pick out his melee charms;
    it's a complete combat strategy.)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:51:19 GMT, James Stein
    <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote:
    >Consider it done. Soon enough, anyway. I'm kind of tired now, since I

    I can wait.
    BTW, your guide would be more readable if you explain a little what
    each charms is, rather that just the name. (just something like
    Excellent Strike : 1die per mote, not the full text).

    >just wrote out a step-by-step Lunar NPC creation process. Speaking of
    >which, you ought to take a look at that post, since it's *exactly* what
    >you just asked for (scroll down to where I pick out his melee charms;
    >it's a complete combat strategy.)

    I read it, and marked it as "to be kept",and send it to my
    Vampire ST friend so he can see why I'm having trouble in designing
    NPCs in Exalted :) ...

    It also showed me that I DO NOT know the rules. My next goal
    is too create 10 exalted of each kinds.

    Guillaume
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Guillaume JAY wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:51:19 GMT, James Stein
    > <JamesSpamtein@si.rr.com> wrote:
    > >Consider it done. Soon enough, anyway. I'm kind of tired now, since I
    >
    > I can wait.
    > BTW, your guide would be more readable if you explain a little what
    > each charms is, rather that just the name. (just something like
    > Excellent Strike : 1die per mote, not the full text).

    I'll try and add something like that, then. At least under the tactics
    descriptions. I can't do it under every individual charm, because i'm
    just too lazy to go back and do all that revising (though I'll try and
    keep it in mind for the future.)

    >
    > >just wrote out a step-by-step Lunar NPC creation process. Speaking of
    > >which, you ought to take a look at that post, since it's *exactly* what
    > >you just asked for (scroll down to where I pick out his melee charms;
    > >it's a complete combat strategy.)
    >
    > I read it, and marked it as "to be kept",and send it to my
    > Vampire ST friend so he can see why I'm having trouble in designing
    > NPCs in Exalted :) ...
    >
    > It also showed me that I DO NOT know the rules. My next goal
    > is too create 10 exalted of each kinds.

    Competent lunars are the most difficult. Other Exalts are much easier to
    produce.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Windows XP Video Games