Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Build last checkout.

Last response: in Systems
October 25, 2012 12:33:21 AM

Hi guys after a month of planning I chose this build. I live in Central America so it's hard to found pieces, took me 3 weeks to find them all. I CURRENTLY HAVE THE GPU, CASE AND MEMORY. I KNOW THE PSU NEEDS A POWER CABLE. Now my question is, is this build good? Is it all compatible? And do I need SATA Cables or does the HDD bring it? Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($48.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $735.41

More about : gaming build checkout

October 25, 2012 12:44:30 AM

The board you picked is a fantastic board.
Just to throw the idea out, you could get an Asrock extreme 4, which will support SLI. The board you chose technically does, but the 2.0 slot is only a X4, when you want X16 preferably.

The 3570k is an obvious good choice.

Storage is storage, as long as its a good company.

All of you parts are compatible.

Actually the SATA cables will come with your mobo, but you won't have to buy any.
m
l
October 25, 2012 12:54:27 AM

zared619 said:
The board you picked is a fantastic board.
Just to throw the idea out, you could get an Asrock extreme 4, which will support SLI. The board you chose technically does, but the 2.0 slot is only a X4, when you want X16 preferably.

The 3570k is an obvious good choice.

Storage is storage, as long as its a good company.

All of you parts are compatible.

Actually the SATA cables will come with your mobo, but you won't have to buy any.

Thanks! Can you explain me the 2.0 slot X4 thing? I'll probably won't SLI because from what I read 1 card is better and no need to upgrade PSU, although this one is enough for 550 ti 1gb SLI. If my GPU ever gets old (I know 650 ti is out) and stops running games at good fps, I'll just get a better one.
m
l
Related resources
October 25, 2012 12:58:30 AM

Here's the other thing. If you can find one, an SSD will make windows a LOT more responsive (and give you a 10 second boot time), and will cut the loading time of any games on it down to basically nothing.

It's a wonderful thing to have.
m
l
October 25, 2012 1:15:31 AM

DarkSable said:
Here's the other thing. If you can find one, an SSD will make windows a LOT more responsive (and give you a 10 second boot time), and will cut the loading time of any games on it down to basically nothing.

It's a wonderful thing to have.

I'll get one in the future.
m
l
October 25, 2012 1:23:16 AM

The x4, x8, and x16 is the bandwidth of the expansion slot. x8 is more than enough for most all cards, but x4 is limiting your card by bottle necking your card's capability. If you aren't going to SLI, then I wouldn't worry about it.
BTW, your PSU would be big enough to SLI. However, if you have the cash and the ability to return your GPU, I would upgrade because as someone said earlier, a 7850 would be alot better.
m
l
October 26, 2012 12:08:02 AM

zared619 said:
The x4, x8, and x16 is the bandwidth of the expansion slot. x8 is more than enough for most all cards, but x4 is limiting your card by bottle necking your card's capability. If you aren't going to SLI, then I wouldn't worry about it.
BTW, your PSU would be big enough to SLI. However, if you have the cash and the ability to return your GPU, I would upgrade because as someone said earlier, a 7850 would be alot better.

Ok, so the slot of the second card is the one that isn't good right? I mean the first GPU slot will not bottleneck? Also I changed PSU to 600w one that is modular, will it work no sli?
m
l
October 26, 2012 4:12:52 AM

loresr97 said:
Ok, so the slot of the second card is the one that isn't good right? I mean the first GPU slot will not bottleneck? Also I changed PSU to 600w one that is modular, will it work no sli?

The first slot will be fine, but the second one will bottleneck. Modular PSU's are awesome, and that one probably has the right connectors, but I can't tell if it will work unless I know the model. You can check if you want, just make sure it has two 6 pin or 6+2 pci express connectors.
m
l
October 26, 2012 4:44:31 AM

zared619 said:
The first slot will be fine, but the second one will bottleneck. Modular PSU's are awesome, and that one probably has the right connectors, but I can't tell if it will work unless I know the model. You can check if you want, just make sure it has two 6 pin or 6+2 pci express connectors.

OCZ ModXStream 600w, I'll just use one card is there a way to recognize which slot will bottleneck?
m
l
October 26, 2012 5:57:03 AM

That one will support SLI. You can look at the box your mobo comes in and it should clearly label them. Almost always, the better slot is the one nearest to the processor.
m
l
!