PC turns on, no display/sound

PrinnyDude

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Greetings! I just made my first computer today, but I have an issue. When the PC turns on, there's no display on my monitor (I checked, it works with other computers), and there's no beeping. The front LED and CPU fan turn on (but the CPU fan runs very fast, details later on) inside the case. I tried removing the RAM and taking the motherboard out. No dice.

When I was placing it together I had two problems. First, I followed the NZXT instructions on where to put the standoffs, but it didn't fit right because the motherboard was more like a mini shape despite being labeled an ATX, so after taking the motherboard out I fixed the standoffs put it back on. My other mistake was putting the CPU on the wrong way by accident and having to re-place it, same with the fan. Is that why the fan is running so fast?

Specs:
CPU - i3-2100
Motherboard - ASRock Pro3 B75 ATX LGA1155
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaw X 2x4GB DDR3 1600
Video Card - Onboard? Was planning to upgrade later.
Power Supply - Corsair 430w
Hard drive - Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB
Case - NZXT 210 Source Elite
Monitor - An old Dell, E117Fp I believe?

Thank you so much for your time, this has become very stressful. Any help is appreciated!

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
If there is a reset button on your case... press that. For some reason its what i had to do to get my first boot.
I don't know how you accomplished to put the cpu in wrong when it only goes in one way haha! however if you did accomplish this, then maybe you bent a pin or two in the cpu socket?
You could try taking the motherboard out of the case and starting it up ontop of some anti-static surface. There still may be a short?
Start it up with nothing connected except the cpu and you should hear beeps (refer to many posts on these forums about that) Keep putting in parts in order till beeping stops?

All i can really think of, good luck

PrinnyDude

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
I can do many things. Don't underestimate me with fragile objects. Joking aside, is there a visual difference in the CPU socket bending? I don't see anything wrong.

I'll try the motherboard thing. Thanks!