Sign in with
Your question

Help please...

Last response: in Systems
October 25, 2012 3:14:17 AM

I just received all my hardware for my first build. I am having trouble hooking up all the wiring that the case comes with to the motherboard and I am confussed because there are no directions or good manuals that show me where everything gets plugged in or what cable is what.

So far I have my PSU, MoBo, CPU, CPU Cooler, GPU, HDD all installed in the case. However I don't have the wiring for the HDD, or the case fans installed I can't locate the correct input for the plugs the case comes with.

My Specs are...
Case: NZXT Phantom 410
CPU: i5 3570k
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature
Mobo: ASRock Extreme4 Z77
SeaSonic X-Series 850W Full Modular
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LowProfile 8GB 1600
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0
SSD: OCZ Vertex4 128GB
ASUS DRW 24x DVD Burner

More about : question

a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
October 25, 2012 3:40:48 AM

you can't do the easy stuff but you did the hard stuff ( front panel wiring ).. ?

the connections you are looking for are coming from the wiring on the power supply.

the only other thing is for the harddrive........ which would be the SATA connection between that and the motherboard.

HD gets one sata connection and one power connection.

you have a modular PS. yopu8 need to sort through all the wires and use the ones that have the connections you need. seat all firmly.

edit: for front panel wiring.......... the small "square" thing on the end of the wires that come from the front panel to the connections on the board............ look at the back of those carefully. on one side will be a small arrow....... that will be the positive lead.
!