Best frame interpolation software for 120hz projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Hello, as the title says it all. I have a pjd6221 viewsonic projector and I have been messing with some frame interlopation methods such as SVP but I want to see which one one provides the best effect. I know some people see it as a gimmick and such but I personally really like it.
In case it helps here is my rig
I5-2500k
AMd 6950 2gb unlocked
8gb ddr@ 1866
UD3 mobo by gigabyte

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
forgot to mention that I dont mind paying for it as long as it works really well for 120hz. TO clarify the software im looking for generates extra frames for a movie which smoothes out the playback. I know power dvd 9 has it but it only goes up to 60hz

dingo07

Distinguished
U realize it's intended use is for bringing TV broadcasting from 15 fps to either 24/30 or/up to 60, right?

Then why would you want to use it for video content that is probably already 60 fps? Based on the specs of your projector - http://www.projectorcentral.com/ViewSonic-PJD6211.htm - it handles 1080p/60, so again, if you can see motion blur its probably because your monitor can't keep up. When u play a blu-ray, your comp is probably sending native 24 fps that your projector is playing at 60.

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

The reason being is that when you watch a movie it is a 24hz, especially if it is a
Blu ray. The program would come create the extra frames to bring up to your refresh rate. Just try out SVP and See the difference. I'm trying to find the one with the least problems/ artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.