My First Build (Need help on final draft)

ShazMo09

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I have put together my first build with some help from you guys on this forum. I have made a final draft and am lookingto see if anybody can point out any flaws or help me sAVE a penny or 2...cheers

So ill be buying my component in a coupe of weeks and have found a few local stores and sites where I will source it from so that is sorted. Monitor, keyboard etc has all been sorted also. I will possibly overclock and same for Xfire. The PC is mainly for games with some movies and web browsing too. Im aiming for high setting but if it can hit ultra that would be a bonus(also decent frame rate)...Dont wanna go over 1250...Here are the specs...

CPU- Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
MoBo- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX
Memory- G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
HDD- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5"
SSD- OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5"
GPU- Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB OC Edition
PSU- OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V
Case- CoolerMaster HAF 912 Combat with window

Im pretty sure thats what im gonna go with. As its my first ever build I would really appreciate some feedback, even if it is contructive criticism...Thanks :)

ShazMo09

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Appreciate the positive view on the build! Alot of help came from this site... Whats with the free RAM.. Do you think it will be half decent or just some low range stuff? Sounds pretty decent deal though...

That's interesting. The RAM that came with that board was Patriot stuff a few days ago...

It still ticks every box on my checklist except low profile though. Newegg reviews generally can't be trusted anyway.

There isn't really any point to RAM above DDR3-1600, unless you're using an APU. Diminishing returns starts to kick in around there.

I use a Samsung 830 myself just personal preference there are brands that tend to get more of a reliability record samsung is one of 3 perhaps Crucial, Intel, Samsung. Either way its not a bad SSD the vertex 4. And agreed with the ram speed I was just saying unless he were to I don't think its very popular to get anything much higher unless you are trying to benchmark a system for numbers. Also to note the Samsung desktop kit blows monster chunks I have a 90 gigabyte vertex 2 collecting dust and I loved there desktop mounting kit a lot more wasn't some cheap metal kit that samsung sends with theres :p

Here is my build.

Intel Core i5 2500k
Asrock Z68 EXTREME4 Gen 3
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB OC
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4)
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Professional
Samsung 830 256GB SATA III SSD
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB SATA II
LG 12x Super Multi Blue WH12LS38
CM Storm Sniper
Corsair AX850 PSU
Corsair Hydro H100