Sign in with
Your question

Wireless Connection keeps Disconnecting...?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 20, 2011 3:10:37 AM

Hey Everyone,

For the past month i have been experiencing problems with my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running windows XP. For some reason my laptop connects to my network for a few minutes then disconnectsm. then it reconnects for a few minutes and disconnects. This happens repeatedly. I replaced my old Linksys WRT54G v.8 router with a DLink DIR-655 N Router thinking this would solve the problem but it didnt. I also position the new router higher than the last one, about 5 feet from the floor. The drivers for the Intel WiFi Link 5100 Mini Wireless Card on my laptop appears up to date.

Anyone have this problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
November 20, 2011 11:24:09 AM

toicy4ya said:
Hey Everyone,

For the past month i have been experiencing problems with my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running windows XP. For some reason my laptop connects to my network for a few minutes then disconnectsm. then it reconnects for a few minutes and disconnects. This happens repeatedly. I replaced my old Linksys WRT54G v.8 router with a DLink DIR-655 N Router thinking this would solve the problem but it didnt. I also position the new router higher than the last one, about 5 feet from the floor. The drivers for the Intel WiFi Link 5100 Mini Wireless Card on my laptop appears up to date.

Anyone have this problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I forgot to mention that I don't experience wireless connection problems with my iPhone, apple tv or Xbox 360. Additionally, my DLink routers firmware is up to date.
!