Sign in with
Your question

Video card compatibility!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2012 8:13:07 PM

Hello,
I want to get the MSI Radeon HD 6450 (R6450-MD1GD3/LP) 1024MB PCIe x16 Gen 2.0 video card, i dont know if its compatible with my computer,Acer Aspire M5100
AMD Quad Core CPU, thats my computer. Help please!
August 29, 2012 8:56:00 PM

if u planning to play games so this card is useless but for compatibility , the card will work fine with your system
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2012 10:07:30 PM

mido22 said:
if u planning to play games so this card is useless but for compatibility , the card will work fine with your system

What cheap gaming card will work?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2012 10:33:49 PM

mido22 said:

:sarcastic:  This card will do fine for anything low-end like Minecraft, Web browsing games, and a few F2P MMORPG's.

@ OP what games are you looking to play? If you want to play games like BF3 or MW3, you might want a beefier set up anyway as your system isn't very well geared towards hardcore gaming.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 12:16:02 AM

amang123 said:
Would this video card be compatible, would it also be good for gaming ? ATI RADEON
X1650Pro 512MB :) 

Yes, it will, however it's a VERY old card, so I will not recommend it.

If you can squeeze out a little more money for your graphics card, I would highly recommend a Radeon HD7750 :)  They're very good for its price point and don't require a lot of power!
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:16:28 AM

mocchan said:
:sarcastic:  This card will do fine for anything low-end like Minecraft, Web browsing games, and a few F2P MMORPG's.

@ OP what games are you looking to play? If you want to play games like BF3 or MW3, you might want a beefier set up anyway as your system isn't very well geared towards hardcore gaming.

Would this video card be compatible, would it also be good for gaming ? ATI RADEON
X1650Pro 512MB :) 
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:25:00 AM

mocchan said:
Yes, it will, however it's a VERY old card, so I will not recommend it.

If you can squeeze out a little more money for your graphics card, I would highly recommend a Radeon HD7750 :)  They're very good for its price point and don't require a lot of power!

Is there any cards under $50 dollars, and good for medium sized gaming.Also the card i just mentioned, would it work for games like leauge of legends and starcraft 2 ? on medium settings.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 12:32:35 AM

amang123 said:
Is there any cards under $50 dollars, and good for medium sized gaming.Also the card i just mentioned, would it work for games like leauge of legends and starcraft 2 ? on medium settings.

What resolution is your monitor? Your CPU will most likely hold back your gaming experience, however.

I'll bring up a list of some recommendations.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you can invest about $10 more, you can have a little bit more GPU horsepower compared to the Radeon HD6450.
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:39:34 AM

mocchan said:
What resolution is your monitor? Your CPU will most likely hold back your gaming experience, however.

I'll bring up a list of some recommendations.

If you can invest about $10 more, you can have a little bit more GPU horsepower compared to the Radeon HD6450.

The card i mentioned before, Would it be able to run starcraft 2 and leuge of legends on medium quality?
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:47:08 AM

mocchan said:
What quality you'll be able to play your game at will be different depending on your monitor size.

However, your system meets the Minimum Requirements of both Starcraft 2 and League of Legends if you purchase the Radeon HD6450 :) 

i have an 18' lcd screen.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 12:47:42 AM

What quality you'll be able to play your game at will be different depending on your monitor size.

However, your system meets the Minimum Requirements of both Starcraft 2 and League of Legends if you purchase the Radeon HD6450 :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 12:47:57 AM

I'm sorry, I meant monitor resolution, not size, I apologise for the mix up.

However, I'm assuming your monitor is 1366x768.
m
l
August 30, 2012 12:51:55 AM

mocchan said:
I'm sorry, I meant monitor resolution, not size, I apologise for the mix up.

However, I'm assuming your monitor is 1366x768.

I have no idea what the resolution is, :??:  . Since you know what your doing im guessing it is, Would it help if i gave you the name and model of it?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 12:56:06 AM

amang123 said:
I have no idea what the resolution is, :??:  . Since you know what your doing im guessing it is, Would it help if i gave you the name and model of it?

Actually, yes! That will help me greatly :)  I can look up the specs of the monitor online for you if you give me the information! :D 
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:00:37 AM

mocchan said:
Actually, yes! That will help me greatly :)  I can look up the specs of the monitor online for you if you give me the information! :D 

It is a samsung syncmaster 920 WM . (:
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:01:49 AM

amang123 said:
It is a samsung syncmaster 920 WM . (:

Thank you! :) 

Your monitor resolution is 1440x900. This resolution shouldn't be too demanding on your GPU, so I would assume you can achieve playable framerates with a Radeon HD6450 on the Medium pre-sets on the titles you have listed.

You may want to experiment with the settings of each game to see what is the best performance/eyecandy for you! :) 
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:06:47 AM

mocchan said:
Thank you! :) 

Your monitor resolution is 1440x900. This resolution shouldn't be too demanding on your GPU, so I would assume you can achieve playable framerates with a Radeon HD6450 on the Medium pre-sets on the titles you have listed.

You may want to experiment with the settings of each game to see what is the best performance/eyecandy for you! :) 

Can you link me a specific video card of that type, and the video card i mentioned earlier, would it be able to run those games?ATI RADEON
X1650Pro 512MB <---- this one?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:07:23 AM

amang123 said:
Can you link me a specific video card of that type, and the video card i mentioned earlier, would it be able to run those games?ATI RADEON
X1650Pro 512MB <---- this one?

This is the card I was talking about :)  It should do you just fine.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:14:31 AM

amang123 said:
sorry, i was unclear on that, the one i mentioned, would it be able to run those games,

No problem.

It may be able to run those games, however, it will probably be a very unsatisfactory experience due to how old the card is.
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:16:23 AM

mocchan said:
No problem.

It may be able to run those games, however, it will probably be a very unsatisfactory experience due to how old the card is.

Ok thanks! one last thing, If i have DDR2 ram, would it be a factor with the video card you recommended me? in the title it says DDR3.
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:22:30 AM

mocchan said:
No it will not.

You won't have to worry about Graphics Memory and your System Memory being incompatible.

For example, I currently have DDR3 memory, but my GPU uses GDDR5 memory. They're totally different things! :) 

haha thanks ! But is the video card you reccomended only shipped in america, Not canada? I live in canada..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:22:43 AM

amang123 said:
Ok thanks! one last thing, If i have DDR2 ram, would it be a factor with the video card you recommended me? in the title it says DDR3.

No it will not.

You won't have to worry about Graphics Memory and your System Memory being incompatible.

For example, I currently have DDR3 memory, but my GPU uses GDDR5 memory. They're totally different things! :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:23:07 AM

amang123 said:
haha thanks ! But is the video card you reccomended only shipped in america, Not canada? I live in canada..

Let me fix that real quick for ya :)  coming back with a Canadian link!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:30:35 AM

amang123 said:
Thank you so much!, haha america, Seems like EVERYTHING is cheaper there. haha.

You're very welcome!

:lol:  yes, for some products, we definitely have better pricing. (Don't know about conversion rates at the moment)
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:32:46 AM

mocchan said:
You're very welcome!

:lol:  yes, for some products, we definitely have better pricing. (Don't know about conversion rates at the moment)

Thanks again, will surely come back here when i need help.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 1:38:03 AM

:) 
m
l
!