Upgraded from Xp home to Xp pro. Everything worked
perfectly until downloaded service pack 1 from
Microsoft. Then the USb ports were disabled

Try uninstalling them from the Device Manager, restart the PC and XP should
reinstall with the correct drivers.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"Carolyn Pippenger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Upgraded from Xp home to Xp pro. Everything worked
> perfectly until downloaded service pack 1 from
> Microsoft. Then the USb ports were disabled

Had similar problem. I did the same upgrade, now my USB
ports are not USB 2.0 anymore. They work for USB 1 but,
not for USB 2.