660 ti desktop brightness bug

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Desktops
  • Bug
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2012 9:26:55 PM

So I just installed the gtx 660ti and it works fine with one issue. The black levels and all around brightness are high until I "use" the digital vibrance slider.

If I just move it by just 1% up or down the black levels go back to the nice dark levels I'm used to even if I cancel the changes.

But when I restart my computer they go back to the overblown levels again and I must touch the slider to go back to normal once more.

Anyone else have this issue? Any idea how to fix it so it stays the same all the time? Thanks for any help.

More about : 660 desktop brightness bug

August 29, 2012 11:03:57 PM

Okay. I may have solved or worked around my own problem.

RGB is on by default for the color format in the Nvidia control panel. Switching to ycbcr444 seems to restore my ink like blacks for good.

It should still be able to look good in RGB mode all the time without resetting itself, but this work around will do.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 29, 2012 11:40:51 PM

Are you using a monitor or a TV?
m
l
August 30, 2012 1:44:25 AM

Sunius said:
Are you using a monitor or a TV?

I'm using a monitor. People seem to use ycbcr with TVs but it looks better than RGB on my monitor. Is this wrong?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 30, 2012 4:16:34 AM

No, it might be just how your monitor is manufactured. Also, where is that setting located? I cannot find it anywhere on my Nvidia control panel!
m
l
August 30, 2012 10:48:59 AM

Sunius said:
No, it might be just how your monitor is manufactured. Also, where is that setting located? I cannot find it anywhere on my Nvidia control panel!

Its located under "Adjust desktop color settings"
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 30, 2012 8:54:21 PM

I can't find it :/ 

m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 30, 2012 9:23:32 PM

Nvidia removed a few things this past driver that they are restoring in 306. I found a pdf on Nvidia's download section that was basically a long change log of what they fixed and didn't fix.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 30, 2012 9:29:28 PM

Oh, I see...
m
l
August 30, 2012 9:43:54 PM

Yes, my fault. I should have mentioned I'm running the new beta drivers. Otherwise its located just below the Hue slider.
m
l
!