New mobo and cpu...help

pseghers

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
I just installed the new AMD FX 8350 and a Sabertooth 990 FXA R2.0 motherboard. I can't seem to get my system to boot. I removed an older motherboard and I think maybe that might be the problem, I can't get windows to want to install due to drivers missing?
Please help!!!

pseghers

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
The system loads just fine when booting from HD, however after "loading windows" it shoots me a blue screen, my solution to this was to reinstall windows 7 home premium x64 (i don't have any important files on it really) to which i was greeted with an error message saying proper drivers were not found.. i changed the BIOS to IDE rather than AHCI (which was set to default by bios) but to no avail. i am at a loss here.

did u format the hdd when trying to reinstall windows? when windows loads to install, hit custom and format the partition ur installing to and hit install, there should be any drivers needed to install windows on a blank hard drive, with a new board/cpu. All u need to make sure that the drive thats reading the windows from is boot and everything is connected properly.

Set back to ahci

Only other thing that may be the issue is that the motherboard is bad and is missing something but im not to sure

If u cannot install windows then the driver disc with the motherboard is pointless, the drivers are used in OS for certain components to work like the audio, the lan, the sata ports etc. Drivers should not be needed to install windows

pseghers

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
trying to figure out how to format my hard drive. going to use G parted because I cannot use the Windows format without installing correct drivers will post results

pseghers

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012

problem is I don't have the original Windows install disk that came with my computer. So I downloaded 1 off of the internet. it does not seem to be working I don't even get the terms and conditions. Going to try to directly download from the Windows site. I have my product key so hopefully there's a way I can download windows 7 home premium

as long as u have the code u may be able to get a instal from windows. If not look for a better install from the internet and easier try to use a bootable usb but a cd will work its just easier as u can erase the install files afterwards

pseghers

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
yeah thats what im gonna try and do. I want to find a legitimate version of windows 7 home premium 64 bit, not some pirated crap you know what im saying. I have the product key, just need to find an IOS file to download

Miks1890

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
From microsoft website you will be able to only download windows 8...

How to install widnows 7:

1.Boot from the CD
2.Choose language
3.Click install
4.Accept the terms
5.Choose custom
6.Format your hdd
7.Wait for install to be finshed...

It requires about 20 minutes only...

He does not have the full install of windows 7 that allows to agree to terms and custom and format the hdd. He has a code but lost his disc, so he kind of cant attempt to do the formatting.

If u can if u think that the pirated disc u have now will work is the hdd is formatted plug the hdd into a diff pc to format