Also i highly suggest you pick your 670's wisely not all are on the same level i would be all over that Asus 670 TOP for its high factory overclock, improved cooler,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is quite a monster let's keep it on the real not only does it violently murder most of AMD cards period it does it without even breaking a sweat most cards bow down or wish they had legs so they could run in fear when 670 TOP enters the room all bets are off. :eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

Quote :

Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested.I simply can't find anything wrong with it. P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djj7jW6ny2M&feature=related they should of made the song for the TOP fit's it to a tee lol.

jpvino

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

I am currently running a GTX 670 OC Windforce on a i7-2600K and it screams........no problems at all. Luv it.

In that case it wouldn't be a good idea imo also Asus Top is a dual slot card it would be compatible depending on your mobo just personally i wouldn't do it the evga ftw is not on it's level it's a great card don't get me wrong i assume the EVGA 670 FTW is not to far behind the TOP but also it would look funky with mixed matched cards imo lol.

jpvino

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

IMHO, I would keep the two cards the same, no conflicts and good card to begin with.

Yep get another EVGA 670 FTW like i mentioned it would be possible but Asus Top is a triple slot card it would be compatible depending on your mobo just personally wouldn't mix and match the two in a sli setup i think it would also look horrible lol just my thoughts it's up to you but my vote goes to getting another EVGA 670 FTW

If you don't have the CPU yet, it would be better to get i5-2500k/3570k instead, you could save some money and those beasts perform better than locked i7 CPU. If you have i7-2600, however, then it's fine :). It will be more than enough for SLI GTX 670s.

Oh yes...it would look very...awkward :lol:

I think you know from the thread I was in with you earlier that I'm a man of looks...I personally find two reference cards in SLI look sick :lol:

Indeed i do remember :D edited my post think using retarded was a bit harsh don't want to offend anybody ;)

Tigerdirect still has a few but still he already has a EVGA FTW so don't you think he be best getting the same one for his setup at least for the sake of looks :lol:

I don't either but he wants sli 670's he was just concerned if he would bottleneck though he didn't make all this clear in his org. post about already having a 670 :na: :lol: