Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help making a new system

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 25, 2012 6:50:19 PM

Hi, I need to make a new pc, with a 1k budget. Im a total noob XD, I prefer a intel cpu. Don't mind overclocking if it's easy. I'll be playing on a 22inch 1080p moniter. someone gave me this build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/llCa I wanted to know about how many fps ill be playing on ultra, with and without recording.
Any help is appreciated thanks :) 

More about : making system

October 25, 2012 7:24:24 PM

Looks like a good build but if you want to overclock you will need a i5 3570k or 2500k (the k in intel cpu means you can overclock it) and you could get a 7950 instead of the 7870 and that will help performance a little.
m
0
l
October 25, 2012 7:53:42 PM

logox said:
Looks like a good build but if you want to overclock you will need a i5 3570k or 2500k (the k in intel cpu means you can overclock it) and you could get a 7950 instead of the 7870 and that will help performance a little.


If it isn't too much of a hassel, could you possibly make me a good build around the same price?
m
0
l
Related resources
October 25, 2012 11:17:02 PM

sitbar said:
If it isn't too much of a hassel, could you possibly make me a good build around the same price?

If you like the stuff you have thats fine. All you would have to do is trade those video cards and if you want to overclock then get either the i5 3570k or 2500k. Overclocking doesn't do much in games so you could just stick with the cpu you already have... If you wanted a better case or motherboard (not that you need it) you could cut out the SSD and use that $ to put in on it/them.
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 12:18:07 AM

logox said:
If you like the stuff you have thats fine. All you would have to do is trade those video cards and if you want to overclock then get either the i5 3570k or 2500k. Overclocking doesn't do much in games so you could just stick with the cpu you already have... If you wanted a better case or motherboard (not that you need it) you could cut out the SSD and use that $ to put in on it/them.


Thanks for the feed back, I made some changes to the build http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lqiu I wanted to overclock the cpu and the gpu, would that be possible? Plus if I remove the ssd, what graphics card could I get? Also, i'm looking to play bf3 on ultra. Could you maybe tell me how many fps I would be getting with and without fraps? Sorry for the hassle :/ 
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 2:11:06 AM

sitbar said:
Thanks for the feed back, I made some changes to the build http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lqiu I wanted to overclock the cpu and the gpu, would that be possible? Plus if I remove the ssd, what graphics card could I get? Also, i'm looking to play bf3 on ultra. Could you maybe tell me how many fps I would be getting with and without fraps? Sorry for the hassle :/ 

Yes you can overclock both the cpu and gpu. If I were you I would get either the 7950 or gtx 670 and some good brands are GIGABYTE, Asus, MSI, and XFX.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... -List of 7950s

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... -List of 670s

The 670 will perform a little better but will cost a little more. As far as benchmarks go, here is a link showing both cards. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-rev...
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 2:36:55 AM

logox said:
Yes you can overclock both the cpu and gpu. If I were you I would get either the 7950 or gtx 670 and some good brands are GIGABYTE, Asus, MSI, and XFX.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... -List of 7950s

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... -List of 670s

The 670 will perform a little better but will cost a little more. As far as benchmarks go, here is a link showing both cards. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-rev...


So here is the updated list. http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lrTk
Is this good performance for the buck?
Also, is ocing the gpu and cpu easy? Will I be able to do it on my current build? Thanks for all the help man :) 
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 3:13:14 AM

sitbar said:
So here is the updated list. http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lrTk
Is this good performance for the buck?
Also, is ocing the gpu and cpu easy? Will I be able to do it on my current build? Thanks for all the help man :) 

That is a good build that can play any game and it is good bang for buck. Ocing is pretty easy and yes you will be able to. I don't have THAT much experience with it so If I were you, I would open up a new thread after you have it built asking specific step by step instructions on how to Oc. No Problem with the help :) ... Oh 1 more thing, if you can spend a few more bucks you might want to get a power supply that has 650 or so watts and is at least 80+ bronze (Way better to be safe than sorry with power supplies).
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 12:36:17 PM

logox said:
That is a good build that can play any game and it is good bang for buck. Ocing is pretty easy and yes you will be able to. I don't have THAT much experience with it so If I were you, I would open up a new thread after you have it built asking specific step by step instructions on how to Oc. No Problem with the help :) ... Oh 1 more thing, if you can spend a few more bucks you might want to get a power supply that has 650 or so watts and is at least 80+ bronze (Way better to be safe than sorry with power supplies).


Alright so http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/ltDE
Also, about how many fps do you reckon i'll be able to play games like bf3 on ultra?
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 4:17:31 PM

sitbar said:
Alright so http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/ltDE
Also, about how many fps do you reckon i'll be able to play games like bf3 on ultra?

Should average around 85 fps or so.
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 4:19:03 PM

logox said:
Should average around 85 fps or so.


Also, since this is my first time, is there a easy to follow guide on how to put everything together?
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 7:59:45 PM

sitbar said:
Also, since this is my first time, is there a easy to follow guide on how to put everything together?

Not that I know of... I had a friend years ago teach me. People on here can help step by step.
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 8:21:08 PM

logox said:
Not that I know of... I had a friend years ago teach me. People on here can help step by step.

hmmm, thanks :) 
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 9:07:57 PM

sitbar said:
hmmm, thanks :) 

What I would do is open a new thread on how to build it when you get the parts. Then after its built open another thread asking how to Oc it. Good luck :D 
m
0
l
October 26, 2012 9:34:36 PM

logox said:
What I would do is open a new thread on how to build it when you get the parts. Then after its built open another thread asking how to Oc it. Good luck :D 


Thanks :) 
m
0
l
!