Solved

Need help

Hi first time posting
I recently replaced my 250 w psu with a Thermaltake 430w psu Model#W0070RUC an i was wondering if this psu would be sufficent enough to power a evga geoforce 650 ti 1gb ssc

AMD A6-3620 @2.2ghz
6gb ram
1 TB hd
1 cd/bluray drive

First pc so any answer besides geek squad response " Is your computer plugged in" would be greatly appreciated, it handled a PNY geoforce gtx 650 perfectly just upgrading to the ti version because it is on sale pc will mostly be for MMO type games(guild wars 2, FF14 realm reborn , WoW) ,mailnly confused on the dual 12v rails +12v = 18a the other is +12v2= 17a
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need help
  1. if you bought a APU, there is no point of having a graphics card inside. the whole purpose of getting one is to use the intergrated.

and yes it should be enough, but having a graphics card in a APU build defeated the entire point of it
  2. that bargain level thermaltake is a mediocre PSU at best. it's doubtful it will provide 430w for any length of time but you already own it and at least its a step up from a generic $20special. the gtx650ti will use 75w at peak so its not a power hungry card, you should be OK

the real question is your CPU, its doubtful you see any real world significant increase with that CPU

3. TheBigTroll said:
    if you bought a APU, there is no point of having a graphics card inside. the whole purpose of getting one is to use the intergrated.

and yes it should be enough, but having a graphics card in a APU build defeated the entire point of it

he bought the wrong card, he could have run CF if the card was an AMD one
  4. Best answer
    hybrid CF wouldnt work well either. the whole point of amd letting you do that is if you have a old card lying around, you wouldnt be wasting it by implmenting it into a newer rig. it was never meant so that you can hook up a powerful card like the 7850 with a low end APU
  5. Best answer selected by brownshoes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components