Laptop Display Interface

Hello,

This is a little esoteric, but maybe somebody knows the answer. I took apart my dead laptop the other day and I extracted the video card and screen. The card is a MediaMagic 256av, it has both an agp and a pci interface, standard pinout but in a much smaller connector. It also connects to the lcd screen via a little ribbon cable with about 40 pins on it, if that many. Anyway, my question is two-fold: first, does anybody know if there exists a way to convert the PCI plug on the board into a standard PCI card interface. I'm not afraid of some soldering but if there was a cable of sime kind that'd be better. Also, does anybody know what kind of interface the screen accepts, I imagine it's some kind of standard, but I don't know what it would be, can't find it online. Maybe it's a DVI interface on a different connector? Anyway, any help you can give would be much appreciated, thanks.

Michael Pokorny
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop display interface
  1. LCD screens use digital connection, so yes, if you were to get the wires in correct order, you could use them and make some sort of DVI connector.

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!
  2. Just killed my 486. Anyone know where to find a wiring diagram for a Dell Lattitude 486/66 monitor? :)

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops PCI Components Displays