prolemur

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I want to build a new computer for Black Friday because it will be cheaper. I need a new computer because my old one broke :(

For my new computer I will not be needing a graphics card but one that is graphics card capable in case I get into playing games would be preferable. I want it to have an Intel i7 3770k, 16GB of RAM prefer to have 2x8 GB sticks in case I want to upgrade, I have picked out the 256GB Samsung 830 and the Corsair 550D already so I will not be needing any storage for the time being or a case. I do not need; an optical drive, an operating system, mouse, keyboard, monitor, sound card, video card and a cooler because I will use the stock heatsink unless again I try to do some gaming and the overclock would help me.

I will mostly be editing with this pc so that's why I need a powerful CPU and a lot of RAM.

Thanks!

g-unit1111

Titan

That motherboard has like no ports on it. I'd get this instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

Don't edit video with an onboard GPU though - you will need one for that purpose, you will put a massive strain on your CPU that way.

g-unit1111

Titan

This explains in detail the heat issues surrounding the Sabertooth: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z77x-up5-th-z77a-gd80-z77-oc-formula,3305-6.html

prolemur

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
later i will upgrade to a real heatsink, gpu, better psu possibly so i dont need all the bells and whistles on this one, a blu ray burner, sound card (because they are the only way to listen to anything can't go back to onboard), maybe double the ram (probably not though), get a large 2TB+ HDD and also I forgot to mention i might also be able to get windows 7 pro free or very cheap so if i do what should th extra $100 go toward?Also I have never overclocked b4 so i will only be doing a VERY MILD overclock on my cpu and get some know how before i attempt anything too crazy. These are my plans.