Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Graphics Card Installation doubt! HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 11:20:19 AM

I am currently running off the intergrated graphics and i am going to buy a GTX 660Ti.
Do I have to uninstall intel HD4000 drivers?
Once i install new graphics card, what will happen to windows themes, programs or the OS itself?
Will i have to do anything but install nvidia drivers? If i do just that will i regain the previous display settings?

P.S - On LinusTechTips sometimes on the big TV screen on the back it shows "Windows is not Genuine". He says this happens as he changes hardware. Will this happen to me?

PLEASE HELP! I'm panicking :??: 

Best solution

a c 123 U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 11:28:36 AM

Intel HD4000 doesnt have any drivers, dont need to worry about it.
Nothing will happen to the OS, it will just register that there is new hardware and prompt you to get drivers for it.
You may have to re-configure display settings through Nvidia's tool, but it should stay generaly the same.

That happens when you change motherboards, or move the installation to a new system. Changing the graphics wont have that effect.
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 11:32:23 AM

manofchalk said:
Intel HD4000 doesnt have any drivers, dont need to worry about it.
Nothing will happen to the OS, it will just register that there is new hardware and prompt you to get drivers for it.
You may have to re-configure display settings through Nvidia's tool, but it should stay generaly the same.

That happens when you change motherboards, or move the installation to a new system. Changing the graphics wont have that effect.

Thanks! :D 
I'm relived now :wahoo: 
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 11:33:16 AM

Best answer selected by timarp000.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
August 31, 2012 5:46:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey