Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How many of you are running HD 7750 using cheap local brand PSU ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2012 1:28:20 PM

Hello,

How many of you are running Sapphire/ASUS HD 7750 1 GB DDR5 while using a local brand cheap PSU ? I need to see if my current PSU spec is within the limits of what others are using.

Here is my spec -

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg696/scaled.php?server=...

or

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/psuspec.jpg/

My PSU retailer confirmed that my PSU model is capable of delivering a constant wattage of 350 Watt minimum all the time.

I have an assembled pc having the following components

Processor: iCore3 2100 3GHZ

Motherboard: Intel DH61WW

RAM: 2 X 4 GB DDR 3

PCIE x16 version 2.0 slot card : xfx 9400GT 1GB

Hard Disk : 1 TB Western Digital SATA

1 DVD Writer

1 Chassis Fan
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 3:24:23 PM

The 7750 does not need a PSU connector because it draws all of its power from the PCI-E lane (which is limited to...80watts or so if I'm not mistaken) so I'm assuming any PSU can handle it. Your other components don't require much power either so there shouldn't be a problem.
Bear in mind that there is a version of the 7750 that needs a 6pin power connector.
m
l
August 30, 2012 3:57:47 PM

akxpckwb said:
The 7750 does not need a PSU connector because it draws all of its power from the PCI-E lane (which is limited to...80watts or so if I'm not mistaken) so I'm assuming any PSU can handle it. Your other components don't require much power either so there shouldn't be a problem.
Bear in mind that there is a version of the 7750 that needs a 6pin power connector.

I am planning to buy the SAPPHIRE HD 7750 1GB GDDR5

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...

It does not state any requirement of 6-pin connector in the system requirement.

System Requirements
PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
Certified power supplies are recommended. Please refer to: http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Page...
1024MBMinimum of system memory.
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive.
DVD playback requires DVD drive.
Blu-ray™ / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive.
To support 3 displays, one of the monitors has to support DisplayPort.
400 Watt Power Supply is required.

So I guess I will be ok even under peak load ~75 Watt power consumption by the card.

I was just looking for other users to comment who uses Chinese make PSUs for running HD 7750 , so that I can learn from their experience if it is dangerous or not.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 80 U Graphics card
August 30, 2012 4:14:11 PM

Cheap PSUs are always dangerous. But its a 59W max card and will normally run below that, so you aren't putting it at any more risk than it already is.
August 30, 2012 4:31:54 PM

unksol said:
Cheap PSUs are always dangerous. But its a 59W max card and will normally run below that, so you aren't putting it at any more risk than it already is.

O I see. So it can not be worse than what I am going through I guess.

Tell me something , I am currently running xfx 9400 GT 1 GB DDR 2 and it is running ok, so I guess the guess the +12V rails are delivering good enough amperes to run 9400GT which requires a minimum of 20 A on the +12V rails - as stated on the side of the cover of the card's box.

What do you say ?
m
l
September 1, 2012 6:26:26 PM

Best answer selected by Tom_100.
m
l
September 1, 2012 6:27:46 PM

unksol said:

Yes it is working ok. I have run Uniengine 3.0 benchamark test with highest settings. So I guess it will sail through in coming days also.
m
l
September 18, 2013 12:13:52 AM

Hey friends i was using hd 7750 on my local psu which give 14a on 12v
After 2 month my pc is not showing anything
Is it dead?
m
l
!