Triple Display with Dual 560TI 2gb

ffccxx

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello all. I was recently thinking about setting up a double or triple display to get the most of my rig. I plan to either hook up two or thee of the same monitor side by side. Which set up, including which card to which monitor would give me the optimal display set up without taxing the cards too heavily. My setup is below:

I7 3770k - OC to 4.0GHz
16GB RAM
nVidia 560ti 2gb x2 in SLI
1000 Watt power supply
Asus P8Z77-V Pro - motherboard

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
When running SLI, you can only use the outputs on one of the cards. This would mean you can hook up at the most 2 monitors to whichever card is primary in your SLI configuration. (The new 6 series cards raises the monitor limit to 3 or 4 I believe).

You can also disable SLI, run your cards independently and then use the outputs on both. If you wanted to game this way you could then use a program called SoftH adjust some games to fit whatever the resolution of your monitor setup will be depending on if its 2 - 4 monitors (2 monitors per card so 4 most without SLI). Keep in mind though all of the work would be done by 1 card even though the image is stretched over multiple screens using multiple cards in this configuration.

depends on what he is doing, in order to use NVidia 2D Surround you need to have 2 x GTX5xx cards in SLI in order to use 3 displays

as per:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-requirements.html

TRENDING THREADS