Computer freezes while in Adobe Premiere

becomethesignal

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Hello,
I recently built myself a new computer and insalled Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on it:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 case
Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz CPU
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Fan
32GB of DDR3 G.Skill 12800 RAM
128GB Crucial M4 SSD HDD (as the C drive)
3 2TB Seagate HDD's RAID 5 (software is up to date)
Antec HCG-900 900 watt PSU
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 480 video card
Bluray/DVD drive

All of the parts are brand new. The problem is that I installed the Adobe CS6 Master Colleciton and every time I try to use Premiere (on any new or old projects) and make any video edits - the entire computer freezes. Sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes it takes nearly an hour of video playback and/or editing to freeze. I am going crazy trying to figure out what is going wrong. I do not get any bluescreen errors or anything in the Event Viewer (other than a notice saying the computer shut down improperly due to the fact that I had to hold in the power button). The odd thing is that it seems to work in Safe Mode every time, thus making me think it's a software issue. The other strange thing is that I've left Premiere open all day and night and the computer would not freeze - it only seems to happen when I'm making edits or playing back video.
What I have tried thus far:
Reinstalling Windows (with no antivirus or extra programs)
Updated Adobe Premiere CS6 (I also tried CS5)
Installing Windows Updates
Windows Memory Diagnostic (no errors found)
Updating all drivers
Alternate video card (GTX 460)
Installed a PCI sound card and disabled onboard sound
I tried maxing out the CPU (very difficult to do) with other programs besides Premiere - no freezing
Installed Core Temp to monitor CPU temperature - it never got above 65 degrees and was generally in the 45-50 degree range, so I'm sure it's not overheating
Tried only one 8GB stick of RAM to see if maybe it was memory - it still froze
I may have tried a couple other things, but that's all I can remember for now. Needless to say, this is a problem I've never even heard of. My only other thought is to try a different hard drive and/or PSU. Any ideas?
Your time and expertise is very much appreciated.

becomethesignal

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I actually solved the issue by updating my BIOS to the latest version. Now Premiere no longer freezes. I guess there is an issue with SSD's on the SATA III ports.
All is taken care of. Thanks for your suggestions!