Basic Quality Graphic Card for Powerful PC & Windows 8 ?

Hi forum,

I am trying to build a new super powerful PC:

- Motherboard: ASUS P9X79PRO
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K
- SSD: Intel 520 Series 180/240 GB
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800).

I am working with Virtual machines, SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 which eat SO MUCH RAM and need REALLY super powerful CPU.

Also, I don't play games at all and I don't edit video clips or do any graphics processing at all. So, I really don't want to spend much money on the graphic card (Probably maximum 80 USD).

I have seen zillions of cheap graphic cards on Amazon and newegg and the like, and that makes me very confused because:

1) I am worry if I get any of those cheap cards, then, It might be incomparable or negatively impact the other parts e.g. affecting the CPU or the Motherboard...etc.

2) I will be using Windows 8 Enterprise (x64), and I am worry if I get any of those cheap cards, then, I will not find the suitable driver for Win 8.

Therefore, I really do need your help to recommend me a good, basic and quality graphic card that is compatible with my PC's specifications and supports Windows 8.

I would greatly and sincerely appreciate and value your inputs !
1 answer Last reply
More about basic quality graphic card powerful windows
  1. I think an entry level professional graphics card could be what you're looking for, they're just slightly more than you said your budget was. They start from about $100 USD but they have plenty of driver and customer support.
    I think you should pay a small cost and buy an entry level solution from AMD or NVIDIA.
    I would recommend this http://www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now_results_ci.html?id=NVS300
    Notice that there's PCI, PCI-e x1, and PCI-e x16 cards.

Not sure but, I would be more concerned with a RAID chip or LAN stealing CPU cycles than the video card.
    Probaby best to just buy a cheap graphics card for 50 usd though, they have drivers for windows 8 too.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics