Asigning drive letter external hard drive permanately

I have 2 external hard drives attached to my laptop. I
am using Windows XP Professional. I need the drives to
always boot up using the same drive letter everytime. If
anyone can help.

Thanks,
Sheeba

Ensure you always keep them attached to the same ports. By that I mean that
if hard drive A is ALWAYS attached to USB port 1 and hard drive B is ALWAYS
attached to USB port 2, they should remain the same. Accidentally get them
mixed up and XP will assume they are different devices, and assign different
drive letters.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com