PLease!
My specs are
Foxconn VIA p4m800 pro MB
40BG samsung HDD
512MB ddr2 ram
onboard VGA
INTEL pentium D 930ghz 4m
400w power supply

My pc freezes sometimes when loading windows,in the bios(just one time),when playing HD videos etc
I've checked my hdd and cpu in another pc
They are good I need a help please!!!!
!!

More about : computer freezes cpu load 100

a c 95 B Homebuilt system
October 26, 2012 5:25:18 AM

What brand PSU? If it's a crappy one and that old it could be dying.

930MHz is pretty slow.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 26, 2012 5:51:21 AM

Is your PSU up to snuff?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 26, 2012 6:26:51 AM

not gunna lie, i think its time for an upgraded computer, that is probably the worst specs i have ever seen on a computer
m
l
October 26, 2012 7:04:37 AM

Buy a stick of ram and it will back to normal. Or if you have more $$$ to spend then upgrade all your parts. :) 
m
l

Best solution

October 26, 2012 8:14:53 AM

I be honest I honestly don't expect your PC to be able to play HD Video reliably. I don't believe it will have hardware acceleration for it either, and the GPU/CPU wouldn't be up for the challenge most likely is what I expect. Not to mention 512mb ram won't get you really anywhere now days.

I kind of expect this to be more of a software problem and not capable enough hardware but lets try to eliminate hardware issues.

I want you to stress test the CPU a program such as prime95 will do the trick, stress it for 8 hours to see if you get any errors. Than run furmark to stress the GPU and see if you get any artifacting (don't need much time for this), and keep track of computer temps while doing this I use a program called Speccy which has temps on it. Also want you to run both programs and let it run till the computer heats up to it's fullest and see what the heat levels are at to make sure it's withing normal limits. Than check the HD for errors.

My thought process is that it could be a HD sector error causing the boot up problems, as the CPU/GPU stress testing it was to make sure the temps and everything is functioning properly and not overheating which would cause video playback problems with CPU/GPU throtling down due to heat.
October 28, 2012 4:49:29 AM

cuteboy said:
Hello friends I've need some help from you
PLease!
My specs are
Foxconn VIA p4m800 pro MB
40BG samsung HDD
512MB ddr2 ram
onboard VGA
INTEL pentium D 930ghz 4m
400w power supply

My pc freezes sometimes when loading windows,in the bios(just one time),when playing HD videos etc
I've checked my hdd and cpu in another pc
They are good I need a help please!!!!
!!

Hey its not 930ghz
Its 3Ghz and have 4MB cache
and its clock increases up to 6ghz automatically
I've installed cpuz it shows that!

m
l
October 28, 2012 4:50:54 AM

HEy my cpu temp is above 80c all the time i think it is the problem!!
m
l
October 28, 2012 4:52:55 AM

Should I lap my cpu????

Its intel pentium d 930 3GHZ 4MB L2 Cache
m
l
October 28, 2012 5:04:34 AM

Best answer selected by Cuteboy.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 28, 2012 6:44:57 PM

That's pretty hot. You might want to fix that one.
m
l
October 29, 2012 12:59:06 AM

I lapped that but not to the copper covering of the processor
Now it does not freeze but temp is from 45-69 sometimes
I think the max operating temp is 63c so now how do I fix this???
Please
m
l
October 29, 2012 1:32:27 AM

Pentium D's were known to run a bit hot so not too surprising. Just to double check did you put thermal paste on the CPU before applying the heatsink (and remove the old thermal paste)? And make sure it is seated correctly and clear out all the dust in the case and especially the heatsink.

Beyond that your next best option is an aftermarket heatsink, doesn't need to be anything expensive or fancy there are plenty of good cheap heatsinks out there especially if your running at stock speeds.
m
l
October 29, 2012 3:30:52 AM

yeah I do not overclock but the CPUZ software shows that clock speed is vary
some times it goes upto 5000mhz its true I can't upload a screen shot because I don't know how to?
m
l