A little help on buying new components for my gaming system.

jaysonnsann

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hey people and PC enthutiasts , I'm planning to buy an i5 3570k , along with a Gigabyte z77-D3h Mobo and a Geforce GTX 670. I will mostly play the latest games with my new system such as Crysis 3 , Battlefield 3 , Borderlands 2. But I would highly appreciate it if I could get some advice from you people.

I've still not decided whether should I buy an i5 3570k or i5 3570 (without the k). Will overclocking the CPU really help in gaming ? As in higher frames per second ? Or just to give it a boost to not bottleneck the GPU ? If not , how will overclocking the CPU help in gaming in anyway ? I am new to overclocking components in the system as I have not done it before.

My budget is really tight and I could save a few bucks for not buying the 'K' version of the processor and a overclocking ability Motherboard.

jaysonnsann

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
I can afford the i5 3570k version. Just enough budget to buy it. Im just wondering how much performance will i get in gaming if i were to buy the 'K' version and overclock it to , say , 4.2-4.4 Ghz ?