Problem wid my Graphic Card ?

SanityIN

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Ive kicked my CPU unexpectedly and started to face these problems,When I start the computer,i get a small beep that lasts about 0.23-0.69 sec(really small in intensity,not so loud as the normal beeps) and the computer starts normally,after some time when i open a game(Witcher 2 or DOTA 2) (OR) connect a pen drive,monitor goes black with no signal and the same beep i mentioned earlier goes on infinitely,it never stops until i pull out the plug this happens no only in the above two cases but when i open 14-19 tabs in chrome, I've tried blowing compressed air and cleaning the card but both of em aren't working.Help appreciated..I almost forgot to tell that its a brand new one,i just bought it 3 days back

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
be carefull to ur pc parts ok here is the solution when u kicked upon a cpu probably ram stick get dislocated check then clean with soft dry cloth and reset it + also check the gpu u put on slot is properly inserted check the power cable of cpu too

Afraid it's gonna be a trip to the computer shop. I'm out of ideas anyway.

Maybe try an other gpu or if you have one use the integrated video see what that does.

So much possibility's here which can cause the problems. I think it's a loose cpu or gpu because of the kicking, maybe even a crack in the mobo, but who knows, maybe it's only a loose connection or what ever.

SanityIN

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

The truth is i don't have enough time to take it to the shop where i bought it,so i just took it to some guy and he told it was the problem of video card,this is thsecond one-i have some iball psu and when there is a power cut i used to run it on inverter with a 54"TV running simultaneously so i think there wasn't enough power at all(kicking has no effect,probably) the nest day happened to be the problem i mentioned 'above'-(it was probably a coincidence),i replaced my video card with a cheap one and it worked fine until the power went out again and I wasnt even able to open the computer now AT ALL(no power supply),so i just borrowed a better PSU from my friend and it worked just fine but the same 'FAINT BEEP' starts and randomly screen goes blank without 'NO SIGNAL' when i connect my old graphic card but still runs fine with cheaper one,So i want you guys to finalize 1) is it not enough power
2)And is my graphic card gone forever??(i have a warranty)
3)Can i do something with my card....

Thanx in advance and please help me