AMD Radeon HD 6670 and MoBo Pegatron M2N78-LA

swogtach

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
My MoBo only has a PCI Express 1.0 16x Can a HD 6770, which needs a PCI Express 2.1 16x, will not work with my MoBo?

CPU: AMD Athlon 7550 Dual Core

Solution
I give up.

Against so much thickheaded stupidity nothing will prevail . . . :cry:

@Swogtach ;

Unfortunately there are some cases where a 2.1 card doesn't work with a 1.0 mobo. Not much cases but still. Sometimes a bios update fixes the problem.

The ONLY way to be absolute certain is to search the net and see if anyone else with the same mobo has that gpu running with it, not a 550ti 2.0 or a bladibladibla 7.38, but exactly the same card.

Otherwise it's just a gamble. Not a great gamble but still, thats the one you must make yourself.

It's possible someone here reading this has experience with that mobo, who knows.

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
nottleneck means that ue cpu is not much powerful to compete with gpu to run confidently that means u r gpu is the most powerful in u r system hence it will give smooth performance and yes it will lower the fps but nothing to worried about because most ot the games are basically designed for more gpu since ur cpu use it by 30% and 70% of gpu

I do know what a bottleneck is but after your explanation i'm totally puzzled. :pt1cable:

Anyway ; 100% sure it will work with the 2.1 mobo ? Please answer, this is important for swogtach.

@swogtach ; spoiler doesn't work.

swogtach

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I'm not sure but I think you have to click the spoiler.

Btw, thanks for both of you for helping.

Not sure who the stupid arrogant . . . is you're talking about, but maybe good to say it's not allowed to be disrespectful to forum members. Not by name calling anyway.

Those clips were from 550ti's ; they are 2.0 cards NOT 2.1 Sigh :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER MAN ; so far i've seen no evidence at all !!!!

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

again u are trolling the people here
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6770/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6770-overview.aspx#3

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6670/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6670-overview.aspx#3

I give up.

Against so much thickheaded stupidity nothing will prevail . . . :cry:

@Swogtach ;

Unfortunately there are some cases where a 2.1 card doesn't work with a 1.0 mobo. Not much cases but still. Sometimes a bios update fixes the problem.

The ONLY way to be absolute certain is to search the net and see if anyone else with the same mobo has that gpu running with it, not a 550ti 2.0 or a bladibladibla 7.38, but exactly the same card.

Otherwise it's just a gamble. Not a great gamble but still, thats the one you must make yourself.

It's possible someone here reading this has experience with that mobo, who knows.

Solution

swogtach

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Uhhmmm. I have the stock power supply which I cant seem to find any information on. I'll keep on looking.
Do you know where I can find the information you're looking for on the power supply?