Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Ivy bridged PC

Last response: in Systems
October 26, 2012 9:22:41 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: This Week
Budget Range: i dont want a High end Gaming PC , no OC so i want to limit my budget
System Usage from Most to Least Important: daily use ,browsing , MS office , CAD software , Gaming [ not too much ]
Are you buying a monitor: Yes
Parts to Upgrade: I want a third gen core i5 processor [ dont want " K" version i have selected core i5 3450 ]
Do you need to buy OS: No [ i have windows 7 home premium full pack ]
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: no website , i will buy parts from pc dealer
Parts Preferences: Intel Core i5 3450 , mobo gigabyte , ram G.skill [ already bought F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL online big mistake , first i was thinking about z77 mobo
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: my current monitor reslooution is 1600 x 900 20' suggest me better one
Additional Comments: a decent graphics card so i can play games [ i don't want ultra or high graphics ] , want to keep the cost as low as possible

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: i want third gen ivy bridged Processor , my current pc is very slow

i have selected the following parts :
core i5 3450
GA-B75M-D3H
corsair builder series 430 watt psu
NZXT source elite 210 cabinet
500 GB sea-gate 6gbps hard drive
ram : F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL [ already bought , first i was thinking about z77 chip-set , sent an email to g.skill for compatibility issue with GA-B75M-D3H ]
samsung 20 ' LED
graphics card : not selected yet

More about : ivy bridged

October 26, 2012 9:46:07 AM

You'll need more than a 430W PSU if getting a good GPU. I'd suggest the 500W version of what you have.

No need to get a 6gb/s HDD unless it's the same price.

I'd be looking at a 7850 or 7870, maybe a 7950. I wouldn't pick anything nVidia in that price range. How much are you willing to spend? Depending on how CPU intensive your CAD work is I might suggest an i3.
October 26, 2012 11:01:36 AM

makes no sense to buy instore when internet is easier and you cant lose your recepits. not to mention price matching on the fly

if you bought 1 stick of ram, buy another. memory needs to be run in dual channel or its painfully slow

something like this would be best
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ltqu

Related resources
October 26, 2012 12:38:05 PM

TheBigTroll said:
makes no sense to buy instore when internet is easier and you cant lose your recepits. not to mention price matching on the fly

if you bought 1 stick of ram, buy another. memory needs to be run in dual channel or its painfully slow

something like this would be best
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ltqu

+1 Good build.

What's your overall budget for this build?
October 26, 2012 4:04:44 PM

Thanks for Everyone for Quick reply and guess , i just got an email from G.Skill they said its okay as long as you are using a
22nm Processor .

Butt Why is that B75 is more cheaper than z77 , and what makes z77 so costly .

What about H77 , is it better than B75 ?
I am really happy , now i can install a graphics card as well as 500 W PSU , but now i got enough money in my pocket
i think i should go for other quality hardware like Blue ray or something .
And to TheBigTroll : yes bro that PC is good plus its affordable ,

But please tell me what is so special about Z77 and which one is better B75 or H77

Quote:
Dear Customer,
Your system with B75 and i5-3450/3470 CPU will be compatible with the F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL memory kit. Your motherboard will be able to support 1600Mhz RAM as long as the CPU is an Intel 22nm CPU, which it is.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
So if yoz are thinking about switching CPUs, just make sure that it is a 22nm CPU.
http://ark.intel.com/products/65511
http://ark.intel.com/products/68316
Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions. Thank you for choosing G.Skill!
Best Regards
Euro Tech Support Team, F.A.E.
G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd.
8F No. 69 DongXing Rd., Xinyi District
Taipei City, 11070 Taiwan (R.O.C.)

Best solution

October 26, 2012 4:26:51 PM

On the cpu, is your CAD software cpu bound and multi core enabled?
If so, then the i5-3450 will be very good.
Otherwise, a i3-3220 dual core will do the job well, and be cheaper.

On the chipset for the motherboard, the Z77 is mainly used to permit overclocking of "K" cpu's.
Past that, any other chipset that supports 22nm cpu's will be fine.
Here is a link showing the differences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

The only reason one would need a discrete graphics card is for fast action gaming.
More static strategy games like civ4 do not need one.
I suggest you defer the installation of the graphics card until later. That will let you better assess your needs or lack thereof.

It is the discrete graphics card that determines how strong a psu you need. Without a discrete graphics card, 350w is sufficient.
If you want to allow for the addition of a stronger graphics card later, then a quality 500w unit will power a card as strong as a
GTX670 or 7870.

I strongly recommend that you use a SSD for the os and a few apps. It will make everything you do feel so much quicker.
a 120gb ssd will hold the os and have room for other apps or games.
Unless you will be storing video files, which are large, you perhaps do not need a hard drive at all. It will be easy to add one later.
Intel 330 or samsung 830 would be my preferred ssd's.
October 26, 2012 5:22:34 PM

Thanks geofelt for your suggestion as that lik you provided ,
well the Disadvantages of B75 are :

1] No RAID [ i dont about that , but why someone wants this ?]
2] No Intel Rapid Storage Technology [
3] No Smart Response Technology

so if i want those feature in My system i need a better chipset board
the cheapest one is H77

but why would someone need those features , i have no idea , i think when it comes to PC i am dumber than Butt-head
October 26, 2012 7:34:31 PM

just get a h77 board
October 26, 2012 9:20:24 PM

Ryan_xkx said:
Thanks geofelt for your suggestion as that lik you provided ,
well the Disadvantages of B75 are :

1] No RAID [ i dont about that , but why someone wants this ?]
2] No Intel Rapid Storage Technology [
3] No Smart Response Technology

so if i want those feature in My system i need a better chipset board
the cheapest one is H77

but why would someone need those features , i have no idea , i think when it comes to PC i am dumber than Butt-head

For a normak pc, there is no need for these capabilities.
Even for a high end pc, they are not needed either.
1) Raid = redundant array of independent disks. If you have two or more drives, you can duplicate the drives for redundancy along with other options.
2) rapid storage provides added functionality with raid.
3) Smart response gives you ssd cacheing of hard drives. You might think this is useful, but one is usually better off using a ssd for the os first.

For your usage, I see no downside to B75.
October 27, 2012 7:39:52 AM

This means if you are planning a SSD for system , its a good idea to for H77 which offers Smart Response Technology .
Thanks geofelt and all of you , should go for H77 mobo
October 27, 2012 7:44:06 AM

Best answer selected by Ryan_xkx.
!