Status
Not open for further replies.

xwxaxsx

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hey all. I recently bought a new computer from cyberpowerpc and the graphics card in it is less than desirable. So now I'm upgrading from a GT 610 to a GTX 550ti. I have a 500w power supply which seems to be sufficient for the card. The GTX 550ti requires a 6pin connector, which my psu lacks. The card comes with a double molex to a 6pin adapter but the issue is that my psu only has 1 free molex. My question is if I buy a molex splitter will that single molex acting as two work with the 6pin adapter? Or will it be too much on it?

Solution
You'd be better off just getting a new power supply. Cyberpower never ever uses credible power supplies for their computers. Chances are it actually doesnt have enough to power the card.

I hope you didn't pay more than $500 for something with a GT610 in it.
You'd be better off just getting a new power supply. Cyberpower never ever uses credible power supplies for their computers. Chances are it actually doesnt have enough to power the card.

I hope you didn't pay more than $500 for something with a GT610 in it.

Solution

xwxaxsx

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

I wanted to build one of my own but being in high school I had to convince my mother to pay for it. Lol. There is no way she would have put any money into it if I were doing it myself.

I actually got the pc on sale. It was on amazon for like $100 off. I knew it was a bad deal compared to what I could build. I paid $515 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.