AMD FX8350 Temperatures?

crazygamer95

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Hello,

I just got myself a FX8350 with stock cooler idle temps were 40-45 and load was +65.

Thinking this was too much got myself new thermal paste gelid gc- extreme and still had same temps.
Next day decided to pick up Hyper 212 EVO installed it and now idle temps are 41 C with thermal paste that came in box grey colored CM.

Cool & Quiet is enabled by default and Asrock Tunning Utility always shows it's on 4 phases unless IES is ON.

Is there is anything to tweak with to lower temps and keep it at stock speed or this temps are fine?

Edit: IES lowers phase to 1 and frequency, temps dropped to 34 C :)

Flakkattack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
These are not dangerous temps. They are a little high for being stock in my opinion, but I dont think that its anything to get extremely worried about. I would definitely check into using a thermal compound such as AS5 or Arctic MX-2, those are really good pastes. Use HWMonitor to see more accurate temps if you are using something else (like realtemp or something). You can also try lowering the voltage on the cpu, and then testing for stability. I have decreased my temps by about 6c-7c by doing so, and currently am running 4.6GHz on an i5-2500k. Did you do overclocking on this?

crazygamer95

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Solved it myself by using stock CM thermal paste instead of Gelid gc-extreme and adding a second fan. Socket temps are on idle 34 to 54 and core are 10 to 50 C max. Moderator can lock this thread ;)