Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need Help on Choosing a Build Please

Last response: in Systems
October 26, 2012 4:11:42 PM

I need some help. I need to get a budget build (around $9000). I live in South Africa, so I will need some shipping costs. I want to be able to play most games on medium to high settings, would like something in the i5 range and maybe something in the GeForce 600 series. Cheapish case (I don't need a window, but USB 3.0 would be helpful) and I already have Windows 7, which I only bought a few weeks ago.

Thanks a lot!
JellyBOMB :bounce: 

More about : choosing build

October 26, 2012 4:24:10 PM

Please post a link to the store you're buying from. If you don't know of one check the link in my signature.
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2012 8:55:00 AM

Ok, uh, I found a pretty nice website (South African) that's called Evetech.co.za , it's supposed to be the best website in South Africa, also it's the first website to overclock PCs, so could someone please have a look at it, maybe see if the stuff are actually good (I'll probably buy from them, since I wont be paying shipping costs). The systems in the i5 or the Lan Party Series (the links are found on the left on Evetech) look quite nice.

JellyBOMB
m
l
October 27, 2012 12:49:16 PM

I have a monitor (LG Flatron L206WU, which I really like) and can get an OS later. I have 4TB's of external HDD space (crazy, I know) and should I maybe rather upgrade to the 650 OC edition? If I can save money, then I probably should. I looked around on the site again and this looks promising...

http://www.evetech.co.za/Computer-systems/amd-fx-six-co...

It says there is a free upgrade to a 2GB version of the 560-ti, instead of the 1GB one, and I guess it's a limited time offer, so that looks quite cool! I'm upgrading to the Corsair Carbide 500R USB 3.0 case instead of the Bitfenix Survivor.

JellyBOMB
m
l
October 27, 2012 2:04:31 PM

The 7850 outperforms the 560 Ti in every way though.
m
l
October 27, 2012 4:37:49 PM

Really? Hm... I'll take your advice then... Since your're classified as a Veteran on the forum, you must know what your're talking about... And I'm a newbie or beginner, or I don't even know what I am. All I know is, that I'm made of Jelly. Baboom.
m
l

Best solution

October 28, 2012 1:06:49 AM

Naw, don't mind the rankings so much.
Some "Veterans" or above here don't know what they're talking about sometimes, and some Youngsters or Beginners actually have more knowledge than the Experts. The rankings are mostly based on contribution and time spent here. :) 

You don't have to take my word for it though, the benchmarks don't lie.

October 28, 2012 7:59:44 AM

Best answer selected by JellyBOMB.
m
l
October 28, 2012 8:00:06 AM

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna try to get this build.

JellyBOMB
m
l
!