Help, I think my graphics card is dying

timmeh50

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Lately I've been experiencing some performance drops in my PC games. For example, in League of Legends, I used to get 120+ FPS with high settings, but now I have an average of 40-70. All my other games have this problem, from Minecraft to Skyrim. GPU is Radeon HD 6570. My idle temperature for my GPU is around 45 C, and full load is 59 C. I kept it overclocked a little since I got it, but not to the point where it can damage the card. Are my games suffering because it is a budget card and is not designed for overclocking? If I stopped overclocking, will the performance improve, or is the card probably already damaged? My CPU temperatures are okay, 45 C idle and 52 C load.

PC Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX motherboard
Radeon HD 6570 1 GB
8 GB G.SKILL Sniper 1333 MHZ RAM
Hitachi 500 GB hard drive
Allied 500 W PSU
Rosewill Challenger Mid Tower ATX case

timmeh50

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

However, when I get into a big team fight, the FPS sometimes drops to 10 and can really affect my gameplay.

timmeh50

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I tried updating my drivers and it didn't work. I don't think it's because of the patches; I would still get good framerates after the big graphics update and the other ones that followed. I think I will look into an upgrade this year's Black Friday.

spat55

Distinguished

when you said lol i thought you meant laugh out loud :lol: had to look at op again and then saw league of legends, i think this might be your answer OP.