HELP CHOOSING Nvidia GTX 670 - Gigabyte, MSI or EVGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues_wolf

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Hello all,

I want to buy a GTX 670 next week, and after discarding a few brands and models, I came up with 3.
First, let me clarify that there are models I didn't take into consideration as I'm not in the states and online stores like newegg don't ship internationally. So what follows is what I'm actually able to buy, and I would appreciate some help deciding which brand to go for.

Here are the models and the info I have (cost is the same for all models):

Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD
Base Clock: 980
Boost Clock: 1058
Memory Clock: 6008
Manufacturer Link
Review Link
Notes: As stated in the review, there's room for further OC taking it to the clocks of the other brands. Also it's quieter and small.

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW
Base Clock: 1006
Boost Clock: 1084
Memory Clock: 6208
Manufacturer Link
Notes: Increased Memory Clock

MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC
Base Clock: 1019
Boost Clock: 1097
Memory Clock: 6008
Manufacturer Link
---------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I didn't find a comparison between these cards online.
I will like you to let me know what you think based on previous experiences, components quality, noise, etc...

Thanks!!

Solution
They are all great to be honest. If price is not an issue I recommend the MSI PE or Evga FTW. I'm not sure what country you are in but depending where you are Evga may be cheaper than the MSI, same for Gigabyte.

The Gigabyte takes a 6x 8 pin connector, has 3 fans to let it cool better, is pretty quiet. It can pretty much be overclocked to equal the others.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
They are all great to be honest. If price is not an issue I recommend the MSI PE or Evga FTW. I'm not sure what country you are in but depending where you are Evga may be cheaper than the MSI, same for Gigabyte.

The Gigabyte takes a 6x 8 pin connector, has 3 fans to let it cool better, is pretty quiet. It can pretty much be overclocked to equal the others.

Solution

undercovernerd6

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
the gigabyte windforce is the best in regards to cooling, I'm enjoying my Asus 670 non top. I've heard on forums people with problems with the FTW card. You can always get a "stock" card and Oc it mines at 1100 MHz no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.