5750 bad overheating and suitable upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

my414

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I have a 2 year old 5750 that i will soon replace because of this problem but I do want some of your input.

while running games with 100% fan speed it reaches 85-88 celcius with just a few mins of gaming

I ran furmark and I stopped the test once it reached 95 celcius and it was still climbing

There is no noticable just anywhere on the fan heatsink or card because I clean my system every 3 months

This is kinda two questions but why is it overheating so badly and what would be a good upgrade for me I have a 730w psu coming in tomorrow with 2x 6+2 pin pci-e connecters :bounce:
I was thinking either 7750 or 7770 and crossfire once I upgrade to an ATX motherboard as I have an mATX board right now.

So give me your input on what you think (ps. my system has 3 120mm high performance fans for ventelation and my cpu runs very cool at 35-40 celcius)

Solution
It's not worth going crossfire for cards like HD 7750/7770. Go for single card like HD 7870.

Furthermore, if you'd like to repair this card from overheating, it wouldn't be hard at all. You'd need to buy some hermal paste (costs $5-10), remove the cards heatsink, clean old thermal paste with rubbing/isopropyl alcohol, apply new thermal paste and put the old heatsink back. That's it!

sidglide

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
If you are planning to cross fire, might as well just go for a 7850 now.
You will not require a new MB. and the card is a monster overclocker.

I have the MSI twin Forzr edition @ idle it run at about 35 C.

The max that i have seen on the card while playing battlefield is 55 C.

It's not worth going crossfire for cards like HD 7750/7770. Go for single card like HD 7870.

Furthermore, if you'd like to repair this card from overheating, it wouldn't be hard at all. You'd need to buy some hermal paste (costs $5-10), remove the cards heatsink, clean old thermal paste with rubbing/isopropyl alcohol, apply new thermal paste and put the old heatsink back. That's it!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.