Xg-p700 xtreme gear leaking oil

videoevents

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I have a cyberpower gaming computer with a XG-700 Extreme Gear power Supply that's leaking (looks like some type of oil)?... probably an ounce or got an error message while running the computer that the CPU was overheating and would shut down (which it did).

How do I repair this or do I just need to replace the power supply?

Solution
Hello videoevents,

Sorry to hear that you encountered an issue. If you have a overheat warning and PC shuts down, it is possible that you have a liquid cooled PSU and that is what may have a slight leak issue. We would be more then happy to assist further and provide support. Please contact our technical support at 888/900-5180 or techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com for further assistance.
A properly functioning power supply should not be leaking fluids of any sort.

If an electrolytic capacitor has vented and is leaking its electrolyte then that isn't a good thing.

If the power supply's cooling fan is leaking its fan bearing lubricant that also isn't a good thing.

Xtreme Gear power supplies are cheap trash.

Check that your CPU cooler is properly mounted. If it isn't the CPU will overheat.

cyberpowergaming

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hello videoevents,

Sorry to hear that you encountered an issue. If you have a overheat warning and PC shuts down, it is possible that you have a liquid cooled PSU and that is what may have a slight leak issue. We would be more then happy to assist further and provide support. Please contact our technical support at 888/900-5180 or techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com for further assistance.

Solution