Safe CPU Temps?

Django_64

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hi,

I was just wondering about my CPU Temps,

I have a stock speed i7-3930k Intel CPU and it is cooled by an Antec Kuhler H20-920 liquid cooler. I recently reapplied the thermal paste and since then I've been having temps that I'm not sure are good or not.

Under full load my CPU runs at 45* max (according to antec software) and average 55* according to Core Temp. This is with the fans not set to high. With the fans at full speed it runs at about 51* full load.

Idle temps usually range from 30-40*.

I know these temps aren't that high, but I do 3D rendering, so my computer sometimes needs to stay on overnight, and I'm worried that the temps will get high enough to shut the computer down.

Should I reapply thermal paste again?
Maybe I didn't do it right the first time.

Cheers guys! :)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There's nothing wrong with those temps at all. But I don't see where the water cooling is any benefit either. Those are temps I would expect to see with good air cooling. Do you have C1E and/or Speedstep enabled in BIOS to lower CPU speed/power at idle. And do you have Balanced selected in Windows for your power profile?

Django_64

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

Hi clutchc, thanks for that. I'll have to check whether or not it is enabled later as my PC is in the middle of a render now. I didn't think of changing my power profile. I'm considering buying 2 Noctua NF-F12-PWM's and installing them on my water cooling block to improve airflow and noise levels.

Like mentioned, I know that my temps are good, but I just think that they could be better considering that I have water cooling, I guess I'm kind of fussy.

Thanks again,

:D

TRENDING THREADS