mrsloth

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Building a new PC right now and all I have left to do is the graphics card. My plan is whatever I get I plan on most likely grabbing a second one in about a year for SLI. I have two possible paths I am thinking of going.

I can get the 660ti with Guild Wars 2 for $200 tomorrow due to some reward certificates for Best Buy and a deal they are running this week. Or I can wait like a month and get the 670. I will still have to purchase Guild Wars 2 though so it would end up to being around $470 total if I go that route.

Would I be crazy for going the 660ti route if I plan on going SLI in the future? I feel like I should probably wait and get the 670 but then again I do not really feel like it would be $270 better.

If it matters I do not expect this build to last forever. Just something to last about 3 years before I start all over again. lol

EDIT: Oh, one other possible extra issue. It would be the stock Nvidia 660ti so no fancy bells and whistles. If I wait for the 670 I would get an after market one.