Solved

How to measure actual Watt usage..?

Hello people!
I recently built my first own gaming PC. It was great for first 3 months, until it makes random reboots in middle of the games. ( games like SC2, diablo 3 or lol).. I searched many forums and I found out it might be my PSU problem. Since, i am a Computer Noob, i need a help to find how much watt usage for my computer.. Since, i am a foreigner, i have limited English skills. Here is my SPEC...

AMD FX-4100 quade core processor 3.62 GHz - CPU

ASUS M5A 78L-M LX Plus - Mobo

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L )

G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600 ( 12800) - 2 sticks of 4GB Ram..

Corsair Builder Series CS500 500W ATA12V v2.3 80Plus Bronze - PSU

2TB Seagate 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 internal - HARD DRIVE

Also extra stuff ( below)

120MM LED FAN x 2

AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler - PCI FAN..

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 - CPU FAN

*I have to mension that my wireless network is USB.. and my keyboard and mouse are wireless.. Please help me..
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about measure actual watt usage
  1. ALso i am trying to change my PSU into Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RJZQSW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1... Is it ok with my spec.. ?
  2. imomun said:

Well thank you for quick reply.. But i am so confused with using that website.. I am not sure if i am setting my spec right...
  3. If it's possible can you set my spec into that website..? Sorry for being noob.. :P
  4. Best answer
    lunajun said:
    If it's possible can you set my spec into that website..? Sorry for being noob.. :P

Hi - really isn't necessary, your cx500 psu is normally enough to power
    a rig with a hd 6850gpu. Maybe you go a bad one.
    750w is overkill, won't do any harm, but will cost you
    more money than you need to pay.

Look for a quality 550-600w if you're concerned with a 500 being
    not enough.

Stay with brands such as Seasonic, Antec, XFX, Corsair,
    Silverstone.
  5. lunajun said:
    ALso i am trying to change my PSU into Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RJZQSW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1... Is it ok with my spec.. ?

what you have right now should be fine, but if i was ever to purchase a psu, it would never be the corsair cx series. they are low quality compared to other units from xfx that are made by seasonic and perform much better
  6. With the good PSU that you have, I doubt that is your problem with the re-booting issue. It may be you have a defective motherboard.
  7. (darn, can't edit)
    If you want to check actual wattage used, pick up a Kill-a-watt meter. It will read total watts from the primary side of the PSU. Your actual system will be slight lower. There is now a UK version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plug-In-Power-and-Energy-Monitor/dp/B000Q7PJGW/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1362969631&sr=1-1
  8. Best answer selected by lunajun.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components