Low fps with nvidia 560

nobalance

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I get low fps in almost all the games i play. My nvidia 430 preforms just as well as my nvidia 560 sometimes. I've tried everything: Latest drivers, re installing windows etc.

My computers specs are:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
motherboard: asustek computer inc. P7H55-M-LX
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
power supply: 550w

I was thinking just maybe my parts are too old to play current games such as: gw2, firefall, smite.

Tracid

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
You know I've been getting some weird fps issues lately soo and have a 560 so I figured I would add here.
Do have latest drivers but haven't reinstalled windows in a bit.

Current specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Q6600 OC @ 3.2
8192 mb ram ddr2
foxconn something mobo
gtx 560 ti (I think ti?) 2gb currently at 1090 but may actually set it to default right now and see if that helps anything

I definitely know the cpu is bottlenecking. My next planned upgrade is mobo,cpu,ram.
I play GW2, Smite, Smashmuck champions
GW2 seems fine. Of course not the best fps out but they are consistent and playable.
Smite was running ok early beta but after a few patches lately it seems like the game starts out ok and as it goes on the fps get pretty inconsistent. Even when I am alone on screen maybe only a few minions fighting each other.
Even noticing some slowdown in smashmuch champions at times..
It's just weirdness that I feel could be fixed with maybe a few settings changes. I'm pretty sure my nvidia control panel settings are pretty optimal for performance (over visual) gaming.
Any ideas are welcome.
I have been considering a reinstall of smite. And I'm sure a reinstall of windows (or perhaps a complete reformat?) wouldn't hurt either.
Thanks

Tracid

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Hmm good idea. I will try that. Just wondering if it will mess with my overclock? Been at least a year since I did that and to do it again I would have to remember how. I remember messing with the FS bus speeds or something to do with the Ram was a lil tricky. I had it to high at first.. Thanks again