Im using win 7 32 bit ultimate .my graphics card is standard vga adapter but i u

prafulgadhvi

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello,
im using win 7 32 bit ultimate . my graphics card is standard vga adpter .after installing amd raedon in computer it doesnt show in device manager

blakwidowrsa

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
To understand your question.... you say after installing a new AMD gfx card your Standard VGA Adapter is missing from Device Manager ?

That is expected.
"Standard VGA Adapter" is a windows generic driver to get basic functionality on the device and to allow you to at least boot up and log into windows.

You dont mention if you had an old card in, or anything, it is hard to tell what you mean by Standard VGA Adapter is missing....was it allways like that ?

Or did you install the drivers for the first time, and windows replaced the standard driver with the proper manufacturer driver?

What device is listed under Display Adapters?

prafulgadhvi

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
what im looking for .i have standard vga adapter graphics card . so that i cant use aero effect for win 7 32 ultimate. i have installed amd raedon graphics card . but after unistalling my standard vga adapter in device manager i cant see my new graphics card .

blakwidowrsa

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

:D
You'll have to restart in safe-mode (F8) and remove the vga-safe driver from device manager and restart.(right-click -> uninstall)

I know it sounds silly, but windows forcibly loads a vga-safe driver in safe mode, so as to gaurantee a visible desktop. To get the standard driver back you need to uninstall the vga-safe driver and reboot immediately.Windows will detect no display drivers on next boot and load a compatible driver automatically.

Now you can use the driver cd and install the right drivers.Do not uninstall the Standard driver again, ok. :bounce: