PCIe failure

Shag514

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Setup: 4 month old Lenovo H430 w/ I3 3.4ghz w/1 PCIe, running Win8. Upgraded to 8gb corsair vengeance ram, 550 watt cooler master psu, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti GPU.

Problem: 2 month old GPU failed after driver update on 2/20/2013. NO VIDEO AT ALL.

Fixes: Switched back to VGA and warranted GPU. Uninstalled everything Nvidia using Control Panel and Driver Sweeper.
Installed new GPU. Same results. FAIL

Contacted Lenovo customer support. Was told the PCIe was bad. They sent a tech who replaced the Mother Board. I
installed the NEW GPU onto the NEW MB. Same results. FAIL

Switched back to VGA. Entered BIOS. Set video to boot to integrated VGA 1st. RE-Installed NEW GPU. Attempted to install
drivers but computer fails to recognize the card. FAIL

Updated VGA drivers, BIOS, Chipset. Attempted to Re-install again. Same results. FAIL.

Have now tried using 650W corsair PSU and my brothers ATI card. Same results. FAIL.

Shag514

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Tech left saying his only responsibility was to swap the MotherBoards. I've called Lenovo CS again and have been told that the problem I'm having is "Imposible".

Shag514

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
after an extensive search of various forums and tech sites, i've determined that the motherboard in my Lenovo PC is a P.O.S. I'm now planning an update to a gigabyte board. This will be my 1st motherboard swap in nearly 20 years. I'm assuming that as long as i get a board thats compatible with my I3 processor, all i should have to do is swap out the various componets, plug in the HDD and fire that puppy up. I imagine i'll have to install a new chipset. But will i have to reinstall windows 8?? also, will the ??? Bridge come with new board or will i have to port the old ones over??
any advise would be nice..

Shag514

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Could I simply install win 8 pro ontop of the OEM ver and have done with it?