Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Using my LCD TV as a dual monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 31, 2012 3:43:55 AM

Alright, I've browsed online and haven't found quite the same set up situation, but I'm wanting to run my TV as a dual monitor. I don't want it mirrored. I have the RGB on the TV hooked up to the VGA on my monitor, and it is not recognizing the TV as a second display. Do I have this set up wrong? If so, how should I do it?

More about : lcd dual monitor

August 31, 2012 3:59:12 AM

It sounds like you are plugging the tv into the monitor?
What exactly do you mean by that, what do you want to achieve?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2012 4:52:41 AM

You need to connect both the tv and monitor to your computer
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 31, 2012 6:02:34 AM

The video ports on monitors are input only; you'll need two outputs on your computer to hook it up to both the TV and monitor.
September 18, 2012 5:02:43 AM

Best answer selected by Annamal.
m
l
September 18, 2012 5:07:47 AM

Thank you guys for your answers. Yeah, I'm pretty noob when it comes to this, so I did have the cord connecting from the TV to the monitor lol (besides the monitor already being set up w/ the computer of course) SO from what I've gathered, I'll need a different cord.. I think dvi is what I have for the computer, so DVI to HDMI? Does that sound right? And can I just get that at any electronics store or am I better off looking online?
This originally started because I wanted to watch live streams on my TV (better picture and larger screen) but still be able to surf the web/do whatever on my monitor.
m
l
!