Solved

Using my LCD TV as a dual monitor

Alright, I've browsed online and haven't found quite the same set up situation, but I'm wanting to run my TV as a dual monitor. I don't want it mirrored. I have the RGB on the TV hooked up to the VGA on my monitor, and it is not recognizing the TV as a second display. Do I have this set up wrong? If so, how should I do it?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about using dual monitor
  1. It sounds like you are plugging the tv into the monitor?
    What exactly do you mean by that, what do you want to achieve?
  2. You need to connect both the tv and monitor to your computer
  3. Best answer
    The video ports on monitors are input only; you'll need two outputs on your computer to hook it up to both the TV and monitor.
  4. Best answer selected by Annamal.
  5. Thank you guys for your answers. Yeah, I'm pretty noob when it comes to this, so I did have the cord connecting from the TV to the monitor lol (besides the monitor already being set up w/ the computer of course) SO from what I've gathered, I'll need a different cord.. I think dvi is what I have for the computer, so DVI to HDMI? Does that sound right? And can I just get that at any electronics store or am I better off looking online?
    This originally started because I wanted to watch live streams on my TV (better picture and larger screen) but still be able to surf the web/do whatever on my monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards TV Dual Monitors LCD Graphics